gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Follow on comment:
      Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

This!!!!!  They needed to be a dominate oline.  And they were just too young.

Additionally mo unutoa transferred whom I’d heard good things about…  James empey transferred.  That one hurt especially since his dad was Canned after 1 year….

we’ve recruited well at this spot and the future is way bright!

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

That’s why I contend that they were a decent line for being who they were, largely underclassman. 2 Frosh, 1 Soph, 1 Junior, 1 Senior.

It sucks about Empey…he made a boys decision to flip to BYU while on his mission to get his dad a job at the BYU. I can’t say I blame him but the whole thing seems bush league considering the state of the two programs and Utah needing a more solid Oline in the big games.

bob sacomano
          Ute Fan
          @bobsacomano

*dominant

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Poof

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Agreed. They absolutely mauled BYU. They looked a little iffy for a few games, really shored things up for conference play until the very end. Good not great. We needed great for a special season. But they were a year off. In a perfect world you prob don’t start dudes til their RS sopHmores. We were forced to start two rs freshmen. But it was fun to watch them pull it together for a lot of the year. Great signs from such a young group. I’m excited to see what they bring next year.

2 13

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Did they not know about all these transfers prior to 2019 fall camp? It’s a cute excuse, but with so many players forgoing the NFL draft and the goal being Roses, Harding’s plan to supplement the lack of experience on the oline was to bring in a backup and a 2* for depth. Olaseni at best is a project and needed a year to transition.

Well done…

result- embarrassed by Texas and Oregon, beat up a bad conference and lost to USC because your online couldn’t block 4. Give that staff a raise!

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Ummmm, 6 medical redshirts are not transfers. Yes. You need to do your homework before spouting off nonsense. They transferred in 3 guys: Myers from UCLA, Locklear from Wash St. And Bam Olaseni from the JC ranks. None of them took or could beat out the younger guys or were quit ready yet.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

And quality o lineman don’t just grow on trees.  They take years to develope at that level.

you rarely can just plug and play.  

utah had some bad luck.  And that happens.  

2 11

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Medically RETIRED or transferred still the same f**king point, they knew these young men were not going to be on the roster… 2019 oline was severely understaffed and Harding did little to improve the situation.

Good God… MeDiCaL ReDsHiRt… blah blah blah.

Lanterman was a 4yr walk on at Utah… He was awarded a scholarship at fall camp. Not sure what your point is there…

Harding brought in-

2* Locklear from Marshall,

3* Osur-Meyers who was a backup at Wazzu,

and 4* juco transfer Olaseni that is a project… (and played him vs Washington when everybody on here was screaming WTF)

For a team that had goals of Roses…..

Bravo….👏👏👏👏

7 2

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I think we can all see that your main point is that you are an entitled bastard that didn’t get his way and you should probably spend your time and resources on something other than Utah football. Not getting the ROI you wanted, stop investing.?!?! Pull out.
            Until then, consider the lilies of the goddamned field! We had a massive O-line getting experience in 14 games. I’m not here to justify the O-line to you but I explained exactly the situation.and the history. Yeah I wish they were better, but I know also the they were the O-line helping make Zack Moss become the career rusher at the U and won 11 games. Guess what?!?!? The O-line didn’t give up 20 pints to Oregon in the first quarter and a half all by itself! I think the O-line was good enough to win the USC game…they weren’t missing batting down balls to USC receivers again and again and they out gain USC in total offense in that game. Now, mainly Simi Moala had a tough time in the Oregon game and a switch or added protection would have been helpful…but I’m certainly not pinning everything on the O-line and 1 coach the way you are…the overall play in the last two games was a team effort.

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

LMAO… You’re an entitled bastard because you don’t just trust the process.

Nobody better question a coach who signed a $2.5 million dollar contract, and a HC that makes $3.3 million/year on how their recruiting plan or coaching ability didn’t pan out.

But please let’s all jump on the #FireCoachK bandwagon because of soooo many transfers.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

I don’t get fans that don’t understand that sports is a zero sum game.  

they think you can wave harry potters magic wand for success.  The magic wand fan.

it doesn’t matter what any other program is doing to beat you out or what other circumstances may be at play.  If Whitt doesn’t waive his magic wand to field a team with all the elite lineman then can the guy.

if top flight lineman are available or not be damned.  You better pull em outta your ass.

Magic wands folks… magic wands 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hell, take delmar as your beacon of hope. Right @hammer

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football About that O-line and Jim Harding, pretty good insight here