After sleeping on it – I see it the same

Viewing 1 reply thread
      6 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Our offense is pathetic.  There is no other way to spin it.  They have scored two touchdowns in the last 25+ possessions.  That is the definition of pathetic.  There is a lot of blame to go around.  We had dropped balls, we had poorly thrown balls, we had bad reads, some poor play calling and more.  Ultimately, it is Whit’s fault.  He has been the head coach for 14 years and we are still struggling on offense.  Will he make any significant changes in the next two weeks? I doubt it.  So, we will likely be pathetic in two weeks as well.

Defense was good, but I don’t think they played great.  There were way too many missed tackles and they allowed too many big plays.  But, IMO they played well enough to win.  They only allowed 330 yards.  

Special teams looked better as they should.

I drank the Kool-Aide.  I knew better from past experience.  But, I did and I am disappointed in this team and coaching staff.

Covey is one unbelievable tough nutt.  Wow, that guys leaves it all on the field.

I could see the first targeting call, but I don’t get the second one.

Oh well.  Life goes on.  I survived the 75 and 76 seasons and it doesn’t get any worse than that.  But, I had no expectations back then.

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If you don’t think the defense played good you might want to have your eyes checked. We played the best team in the pac12, the 10th ranked team in the country and handed them three turnovers on a silver platter and still held them to 21 points.  Our closing speed is as good as I’ve ever seen it. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I said they played “good” and certainly good enough to win.  So, I am not sure where this came from.  I did say they did not play great and I will stand by that.  Gaskins who has struggled this season, got loose way too many times because of missed tackled.  But yes, our defense is good!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After sleeping on it – I see it the same