Anyone surprised at Leki’s lack of production?

Viewing 12 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

7 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF. I’m sure it has to do with him eating up blocks, but in order for him to only have 7 (is the site I checked just wrong?), teams must be really focused on blocking him.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Utah allowing 58 YPG rushing is all you need to know about his production.

His job is to reset the line of scrimmage 2-3 yards into the backfield and that happens on every play.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Watch the games, he’s getting plenty of push and getting double teamed he is key in Utah’s elite run D.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Also, you should probably slap yourself.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

In the nuts.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Do you watch the games?

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Leki’s contribution to our defense is immeasurable.  He’s a run stuffer who demands double teams.  It’s not flashy, but it is so, so, so important for an interior D-line.

2 8

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Apparently you all struggle with reading comprehension. I never said he wasn’t having a huge impact. I didn’t make any declaration at all actually. I just asked a question about a seemingly odd lack of statistical production.

calm down fellas. It was just a conversation starter.

4 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

You asked a question. You got answers to your question. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Apparently you all struggle with reading comprehension…I just asked a question about a seemingly odd lack of statistical production.

No, in your original post you asked a question about “lack of production”, not lack of statistical production. You added that to your second post.

As people correctly pointed out, his production is off the charts.

The reading comprehension problem (or perhaps it’s writing comprehension) is on your end.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

So according to you, no one can read but your phrasing of the question was perfect. Ok.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

I think it shows he has 20 tackles for the year, the way the defense is designed are the two interior lineman eat up the blocks of the offense line so the two linebackers can make tackles.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Were you concerned with Lowell Lotulellei’s lack of stats? He only had 16 tackles 1.5 sacks his senior year. Leki is up for some major awards this year. Dude’s a beast.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Not to mention a sure-fire draft pick.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Lowell is a pretty terrible example actually. He had very clearly lost interest in football that year, and retired promptly after being drafted. 

And no, I am not concerned about Leki at all, and never indicated that I was.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Actually, you did indicate you were. You said “lack of production”. Meaning he isn’t producing, which he is.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

He destroys the pocket on almost every play and that’s with a double team literally on every snap. He does his job so well that the rest of the front 7 THRIVES! Bernard, Lloyd, Anae, Tafua…none of those guys are as productive without Leki.

Fotu and Penisini are the foundation of the entire defense, the reason the LB’s/Safties come free ALL the time. Tafua, Anae and the DB’s also owe a lot of that success to those two BEASTS!

Not to take away from any of the individual talent. This is an elite defense because of ALL of the pieces but without those two in the middle everyone is much less productive.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I’m not surprised at all, because statistics don’t account for when teams specifically play away from players like Leki.

Leki is doing his part, and then some, and people who really know the game are noticing.

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Same concept with Jaylon. I’m pretty sure there was not a single target Johnson’s way with the exception of the over-thrown deep ball.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

7 Tackles, a forced fumble and a sack for an interior lineman is a monster game. Hell that’s a pretty good game for any defensive player. In most cases linebackers and safeties get tackles because they have space to avoid blocks especially if the d-line is doing their job my occupying the o-linemen. Football 101 info here.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Is it time to start bringing back the face palm memes?

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone surprised at Leki’s lack of production?