Arizona game

Viewing 5 reply threads

Guido
      Ute Fan
      @guidopescatore

I was scanning the interweb tubes to see if I could find any information about tailgating or anything on the football game this weekend since we are attending with our Marines son who will be driving over from Yuma.  There is a veritable dearth of information about anything surrounding the game, but I did find a summary of the game at arizonawildcats.com

My confidence about a Utah win was high until I read this snippet:

Despite a tough outcome on the road last week against Oregon, Arizona has proven to be more than capable on offense this season and should provide a test to the Utah defense…The Wildcats are 17th in the country in total offense, averaging 470.2 yards per game…That total ranks second in the Pac-12…The Wildcats have scored at least 20 points in nine of their last 10 matchups with Utah and in each of their last four home games with the Utes.

With an offensive juggernaut like that, now I am wondering if I should even bother attending.  Utah might be totally doomed!  And I still don’t know if there is a tailgate.  *sigh*

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We are doomed.

I heard the same about UCLA, WSU and OSU.  They scored 23 points between them.

I never understand stats like scoring over 20 points in 9 of the last ten games against the Utes.  That was done with different coaches and much different teams.  Stats like that mean absolutely nothing.  The article didn’t point out that the one time they didn’t score 20 was the last time they played.

I am worried to some level about the next two games simply because they mean so much to our team and the possibility of having an amazing season.  I don’t want to see our team stub their toe because of a lackluster performance.  However, we are a dominating team right now that is playing a team on a four game losing streak.  

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Injuries are my concern….can’t have injuries.

Guido
      Ute Fan
      @guidopescatore

I think I feel better now.  I did some film study of our opponent, and our defense looks pretty amazing.  I mean, there were some head-scratching turnovers, but in the end we prevailed.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

^^^post of the day (and it’s early still)^^^

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

lol… I’m sure Leki and Co. are shakin in their boots! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! What a JOKE! (p.s., not directed at you, I know you are being sarcastic).

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

All I know is Whitt is 1-0 against the Sumlin ‘Cats with a massive 42-10 win last year. That being said, we’re getting every team’s best shot from here on out. No dodging the target anymore.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

The Wildcats have scored at least 20 points in nine of their last 10 matchups with Utah and in each of their last four home games with the Utes.

However,  as good as the Ute defense was in each of those last 10 matchups, none were as good as this year’s defense, and no previous team was playing on such a mission for a Conference Championship.

It never fails to amaze me that people look so often to meaningless stats like those quoted.

Utah will win this and likely bigger than Oregon won last week.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Arizona game