ASU will likely play some kind of defensive scheme we haven’t seen before.

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

They played some unique schemes last Saturday.  90% of the time they had two down linemen, but rushed from 3-6 players, you never knew who was coming or where they were coming from.  It is very unlikely that they will play the same defense they did against WSU; however, I suspect that it will include schemes we have not seen before.  We will need to make game-time blocking adjustments.

ASU will likely take risks and these risks will likely lead to some TFLs and sacks.  However, the risks will also likely lead to some chunk plays like 50-yard runs by Moss.

We will probably have to punt more than we have before and I think we will also have a number of big plays.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Two down lineman????

Smiles in YAC:

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I like the call.  Against a team that throws 99% of the time it’s cool.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

ASU has great skill players, but from what I’ve seen has some weakness on both lines. So the issue will be how they can cover them up.

EutawStreet
      Ute Fan
      @eutawstreet

Good (long) historical look at the 3-3-5

https://247sports.com/college/arizona-state/Article/Origin-story-of-the-3-3-5-defense-employed-by-ASU-and-SDSU-121859476/

the article was written last year when Andy Ludwig was at Vanderbilt –

“Former SDSU defensive line coach Osia Lewis is installing some of its concepts as a senior defensive assistant at Vanderbilt.”

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

I want our defense to shut them out so bad. Just saw some chatter on one of their boards, they’re feeling pretty confident (as usual). One mentioned that MSU has more talent on their entire defense than we do (lol) and they beat them on the road so they dont think ours will be a problem.

EutawStreet
        Ute Fan
        @eutawstreet

ASU fans should feel confidant about their offense. ASU did put up 10 pts at Michigan State. 10!!

BTW – Western Michigan scored 17 and Indiana scored 31 in East Lansing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ASU will likely play some kind of defensive scheme we haven’t seen before.