Viewing 5 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

This type of stuff is terrible for the sport

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

If true, then it is probably only a matter of time before we lose a key player or two.  I think it would be highly unlikely for our boosters to match that unless the crimson club/donors start redirecting contributions from facilities/coaches salaries to NIL deals.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m glad he stayed. I’m sure he had to receive something to get him to stay. I guess we’ll never know unless he ends up on a commercial or something.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

I’m already doing an NIL deal with him on another opportunity and he has multiple NIL deals as do many other players. He’s a nice, respectful young man and I’m glad he’s staying.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Glad to hear it. I haven’t met him but he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. The Utes are better with him, not just because he’s a stud on the field either.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I’m glad he stayed, too. I imagine he is getting good advice from those that have his best interests in mind.

That is a really hard decision, but I imagine there’s a lot more to it than just a dollar value. I’m sure he lined up some decent NIL deals here in Utah to make it worth staying. He also probably weighed the $1M deal against maximizing playing time and NFL payouts in the long-run. He knows he’s going to start at Utah and get a lot of playing time. That may not have been the case at Bama and that could seriously impact his NFL opportunities.

4 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Can I ask a question that’s probably going to get me a lot of thumbs downs?

If he was offered $1M to go to Bama, why didn’t he take it?

That makes me feel super good that he would stay at Utah instead of bolting for that kind of cash. I know college football isn’t a job in the strictest sense of the word, and I’m fairly loyal to my company, but if our largest competitor offered me a mil, I’d be gone in a flash.

There must be something super special going on at Utah, and I love it.

tedward
        Ute Fan
        @tedward

My guess? A bunch of ‘Bama boosters, who don’t really understand the rules of the transfer portal, got together a massive offer, as they have done with other targets (after they ask Saban who he wants). They made the offer, without realizing that Kinkaid would have to sit out a year, because he’s already used his one-time transfer. So while Kinkaid may have been offered $1MM, he really couldn’t take it because he couldn’t have played his senior year at Alabama anyway. 

Also, Kinkaid was invited to the combine this year, and turned it down, because he wants to see how far this team can go. Isn’t it likely that between his draft bonus and endorsements, $1MM was already on the table this offseason? Once you’ve passed that up once, believing it’ll come a year from now anyway, it’s a lot easier to pass it up again for something you’re passionate about. 

Just a guess…

UteBrook
      Ute Fan
      @utebrook

How is that not a massive recruiting violation when DK wasn’t in the portal? I hope we get to play them again and make Saban our Bi#%h once again.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If the school wasn’t involved I don’t know what the NCAA could do. Plus, what do you think they would do to Bama anyway? My guess is not much.

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

No way this is true. As much as I love the Utes, if he was offered that he 100% should have taken it. That is life changing money, and he’s like at best a late round pick. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Which is why I believe someone made it worth his while to stay here. You may be correct on his draft position but maybe he believes in himself a bit more than you do.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

There seems to be a lot of smoke out there about it. Bama Twitter accounts were tweeting that Kincaid was going to be transferring soon, and then information comes out about this $1M NIL deal a few days later. Many probably assumed he would transfer to get that kind of cash so they spoke too soon.

It’s not that unbelievable that he’d turn it down. He’s a feature player in a very good offense that is designed around TEs with a proven All-Conference QB that will be throwing to him. Staying at Utah may end up earning him a lot more money in the long run due the large amount of film that will be generated because he gets a lot of passes thrown his way.

Also, there is rumored to be some pretty good NIL deals for Kincaid coming down the pike. Probably won’t be $1M, but money is obviously not his only consideration or he would have taken it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bama was throwing a bag at Kincaid