Bring On Oregon, Bring on Michigan

Viewing 1 reply thread

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

The Utes are the best chance for PAC-12 recognition this year. The Oregon “Lame” Ducks in the Rose bowl is a letdown for them and the PAC-12, considering earlier CFP expectations. The Utes are the only team with expectations that can be reasonably met at the Rose bowl.

I view yesterday’s game against the Buffs as a well-timed wakeup call, similar to the Arizona game. With renewed emphasis Utah’s coaches will reset special teams, and work out a few kinks on the offense, that cost the team 14 points yesterday.
      So bring on Oregon. The coaching staff will again find a way to neutralize Oregon’s talent.

The Utes match up well, against on Oregon, even on a neutral field and Ute fans will travel. And I believe the neutral viewer, on game day, will support the Utes, and this year’s story.

Play the best, beat the best. Nothing but Oregon will do.

Give Coach Whittingham a month to prepare and I expect a repeat experience similar to the Sugar Bowl. An upstart Ute team destroying Michigan Wolverine team, will show up ready to lose, having again, not meet expectations.

Postscript: Utah players that have options to return again, will return for another year and a run at a CFB playoff spot. The players love Coach Whittingham, and many will return. Likewise, with a Rose Bowl win, Coach Whittingham returns for a shot at the CFB, before then, seriously considering retirement.

Go Utes! This is the year.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I certainly wouldn’t expect the Utes to destroy the Wolverines if the teams met in the Rose Bowl. As a fan, I certainly hope for a win; however, I would expect a pretty tough game. Michigan and Utah are very similar football teams with very similar numbers.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bring On Oregon, Bring on Michigan