BYU fans are so dumb

Viewing 10 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

On expansion, they will say the BigXII doesn’t need Utah and shouldn’t invite the U because BYU already brings the Utah market and they don’t need two teams from the same market, but then in the next breath they will say the BigXII should invite both ASU and Arizona. 😂🤣😂

It’s like when they claim Utah did BYU dirty by not demanding the Pac-12 invite them along with us, but then they turn around and say that if it wasn’t for Texas politics, BYU would have left Utah behind for the BigXII back in the 90s.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

On expansion, they will say the BigXII doesn’t need Utah and shouldn’t invite the U because BYU already brings the Utah market and they don’t need two teams from the same market, but then in the next breath they will say the BigXII should invite both ASU and Arizona. 😂🤣😂

Yup. I’ve been laughing at their junior high level logic about this for months now.

6 1

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Personally, I think they KNOW Utah would kick their trash can even more, if being in the same conference as them. They are scared to have Utah in the same conference.

I kind of think Utah hasn’t been as motivated in the past few football games against BYU. 2021 – still on the Covid hangover, but experimenting on the offensive line, trying to get guys in place. Just a meaningless OOC game with 9 previous victories in a row. Well, it worked, because that OLine was trucking defenses in the running game later on in the season and won their first conference championship with that OLine leading the way – just had to lose a few OOC games early on to set it up with OLine experimentation so that the pieces were in place.

2018 – Utah has no business being down 27-7 to BYU. Probably were looking forward to the championship game a week later, but still got the fire back to win the game.

2019 – kicked them thoroughly, but really, it was a conservative game plan, in my opinion. Meaningless OOC game, just used to play conservatively, and were good enough to truck them over 30-12. Would have been 45-7 if it were a conference game.

If Utah and BYU are in the same conference, most likely the games will be played in November. Late season, whatever few 4-star or high 3-star players BYU has, will most likely be injured by then, and they will look like the team that lost to Liberty, and playing against Utah, who will be making a conference championship and playoff run.

BYU better get used to 54-10 in these scenarios. That’s at least one very strong reason why they don’t want Utah.

3 6

belli1976
        Ute Fan
        @belli1976

All of this, we are soo much better than BYU and we should NEVER play them again is evidence that Ute fandom are but immature teenagers in the world of college football. These rants come up all the time.

The best rivalries Michigan/Ohio State, Bama/Auburn, Texas/Oklahoma, Georgia/Florida. Their fans would never want to end their rivalry. It is part of the greatness of their programs and college football history.

I would love to see the Holy War every year. And even be in the same conference with BYU reviving their program. This would increase the excitement of the rivalry.

Waiting for down votes…

Brute
          Ute Fan
          @jsteffen

I agree with you Belli1976.  Both the Ute/BYU Fan boards talk more about each other than any other school (by far).  The Holy War is as relevant today as it was 20 years ago for most level-headed fans.  

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

Yes, we BYU fans are dumb. But I think the reason why they say both ASU and AZ is that the only way they would leave for the B12 is if they came together. 

In reality I think most BYU fans like myself know that Utah would be right up there with Oregon and Washington in terms of best additions to the conference. But I think what most BYU fans are hoping for is that Utah will be relegated back to the MWC so that BYU can have all the advantages of a P5 conference that Utah wouldn’t have access to anymore. I personally think that Utah has way too strong of a brand and program for that to ever happen.

But honestly I’ve learned to take what I read on CB as a grain of salt. Most of the fans on there are the really extreme, crazy BYU fans that really have no idea what they’re talking about.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

All fanbases are dumb when you group a bunch of them together with some sort of mob mentality, or even in subsets. (cough some ute twitter fans cough)

3 1

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

This is a fair assessment. Honestly, if you’re not currently in SEC or Big 10 or ND, you don’t know where you’re going end up. I think there’s a strong chance that the remaining big brands Clemson, FSU, Miami, UO, UW will be at the table. I also believe Stanford will be given an invite on ND coattails, but a whole lot less sure about the rest of us. IMO I’m afraid in the end there will be a tier 1 superconference or P2 and neither of our programs will be in. It’s a false sense of security, if you think otherwise.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Y’all need to remove the log from your eye.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

There are in the past year or so, I don’t know, perhaps 5,000 separate topics on CougarBoard, with tens of thousands of posts contained in those separate threads, referring to Ute fans as dumb, stupid, low lifes, trailer trash fans, pedophiles, criminals, losers, fast food working lowlifes (how arrogant of them to put down fast food or pizza deliver workers), etc.

Like a virus, these ideas have spread to some other fans, particularly Big-12 fans. And, some BYU fans have been toxic to me lately, not online even. Granted, Ute Twitter hasn’t always behaved well, but hey, it’s Twitter – ALL fans, including BYU/Big-12 fans are toxic on Twitter.

Let us have ONE thread where we return the favor. We are 1/1000 of the toxicity of CougarBoard. I think you can deal with that.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I am dumber than rocks, myself. 🪨 🪨 🪨

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Ute twitter could chill a bit. Some of us are thin skinned about expansion and it’s entirely out of our control. We’re a good brand and program, a good get for the ACC or Big 12. Commissioners and media wouldn’t be talking about us if we weren’t. However, it doesn’t look like the Big 10 or SEC have much or any interest at all. We’ve killed it in 20 years time to just be in this position, undeniably a quantum leap, but it may not be enough in the end. Keep winning and we’ll see. Regardless, it’s been an incredible ride.

BD
            Ute Fan
            @flyfisherman

Ute twitter could chill a bit.

Completely agree.

Ted Lasso
          Ute Fan
          @tedlasso

Hahaha go for it my guy. I’m a BYU fan on a Utah message board so naturally I expect to see some negative things about BYU. What’s actually been surprising to me about this board is how little y’all talk about BYU on here. It kind of cracks me up because y’all have just focused on your own team and watched them win two consecutive P12 Championships while CBers only talk about how Utah lost two rose bowls and ignore the fact that their team lost to UAB and barely beat SMU lol.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Yeah, the rivalry has really taken a back seat in our fandom. Not sure most of us think of it as a rivalry anymore.

Brute
              Ute Fan
              @jsteffen

Just look at most of today’s posts . . . . most are about BYU.  I don’t agree with this at all.

4 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Consider this a moment of self reflection:

Who is dumber? The idiot or the one who listens to them?

Now I respect the hell out of you Thunder but don’t take the bait with zoobdom. It is a pretty well known fact fan bases in all sports across the whole world are full of idiots. Discussing cognitive dissonance of these idiots is a waste of energy. 

I personally don’t talk football or sports with zoob fans. I am thinking of adding USC fans to that list soon. The sheer idiocy is pretty staggering. 

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

USC fans are worst.

1 7

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Why even bother bringing this up? Just comes of as childish/insecure

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I would go to the CB from time to time in the past.  I learned that it is soooo negative, especially about Ute fans like me.  So, I decided a few months ago to stop going over there.  I am a happier person.

I don’t blame anyone for taking a look at the CB every now and then.  It can be addicting.  But, for me – I’m done.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

BYU fans simply aren’t credible on the topic of expansion when it comes to Utah and the Pac12. 

Their irrational hate blinds them. They hate the Pac12 for spurning them multiple times. They hate Utah for completely dominating the rivalry game over the last decade and winning 9 out of the last 10 games. They hate Utah for the 20 year period of success. Remember, BYU football has largely been irrelevant for many decades now. They have never been to a BCS/NY6 game, while Utah has made it to 4. They haven’t had a top 10 finish since 1996, while Utah has had 3 since then. Utah and the Pac12 have caused irreperable brain damage to BYU fans. It’s quite hilarious.

I get their hate. Utah has surpassed them in every possible way. I’m sure Utah fans felt this way in the 80s. I am too young to have experienced that, but I’m sure it wasn’t pleasant for Utah fans. 

They continually tell themselves Utah has no value to the Big12. But, deep down, they know that’s not true. They know Utah has a great chance of joining the Big12 if the cards fall that way. If there wasn’t an economic justification for Utah joining, then they shouldn’t have anything to worry about. But, they worry. Oh, they worry a lot. And for good reason. Because they know it has a high possibility of happening, but they delude themselves by repeating ad nauseum that “bYu aLrEaDy oWnS tHe mArKeT!!!!!!” and pretend like there’s no possibility of it happening.

Utah gets good TV viewership and is a good football school. Utah is one of the best football programs out west in the last decade. Look at Utah’s TV ratings vs the current Big12 teams. I believe over the past several years, Utah would come in at around #5. These are things the TV networks likes to see. Also, another devastating blow to the Cougar psyche is that ESPN executives have said recently that rivalries are very important to TV networks because they are rating multipliers. Networks wouldn’t want to pass on a Utah-BYU in-conference game. This game could easily become the perenially most-watched Big12 conference game. It’s hilarious and ironic the thing that might have the biggest influence on Utah joining the Big12, is BYU itself and its connection to Utah as their rival. LOL.

It has to be devastating knowing the best thing that’s ever happened to BYU sports is likely Utah’s 2nd choice. I think Utah would prefer if the current Pac12 conference pulled together a decent media deal and stayed together until the next media cycle, when the ACC disbands and all hell breaks loose. I think a lot of fans feel the same way as well as we’ve grown accustomed to Pac12 teams and the locations. If we end up in the Big12, I’d be fine with it. The only thing I don’t like about it is the massive geographic footprint. Having teams so far away from each other is not ideal.

There are scenarios that Utah could end up in a worse situation than BYU when this is all said and done, but these scenarios are very unlikely to occur and exist mostly in BYU fan’s wet dreams.

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

It’s true. I’ve been having a lot of these wet dreams lately 😔

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Hahaha. Yeah, I imagine you have.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I think most fans (including myself) are about as sharp as a round shiny rock and every bit as intelegent when it comes to assesising a disliked opponent.

Brute
      Ute Fan
      @jsteffen

I agree that BYU fans can be dumb; though Ute fans aren’t much different.  (talking about how they’d never stoop so low to accept an invitation to the B12 and instead waiting for an invite to the SEC or B10, etc.). It’s all petty stuff and both programs are filled with those types.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

The Pac12 schools wanting to see what the media deal looks like before considering other options isn’t a slight to the Big12 conference. It’s hilarious how offended BYU and Big12 fans are because Pac12 schools didn’t immediately drop to their knees and beg for acceptance. If there was a glaring disparity between the two conferences like the Big12 mouthpieces say there is, several Pac12 schools would already have jumped to the Big12 by now. 

Oh, and Utah fans don’t think we’re going to the B1G or SEC. This isn’t a thing. In the aftermath of USC/UCLA leaving, there was speculation and chatter about which other teams may eventually be invited. Some people at that time wondered if Utah would ever make the cut. That was it. 

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU fans are so dumb