Some BYU fans butt hurt by Spencer Fano comment.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      17 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

LOL!, I literally hate when they pull the religious card, but then when it doesn’t go in there favor they whine and complain. I’m LDS, but the way they act about with religion and sports is annoying at times.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

Every time I hear TSPP called the Lords university I cringe.

They’ll have some fun 3-9 seasons ahead of them in the Big12 to humble them a bit at least.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

This is the #1 reason I started cheering for the Utes as a kid. Certain (not all) TSPP fans couldn’t wrap their minds around God wanting someone to attend a university other than BYU. I caught all sorts of crap as a kid growing up in Provo for not going to BYU for my undergrad. There were assumptions that I was either too dumb, or too unclean to attend.

The funniest thing is telling TSPP fans this story (which I heard from Cary Whittingham). They were all expecting Kyle to choose TSPP, he was a TSPP lean, then he went to the temple to make a final decision… and he came out a Ute for life.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

2 7

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I understand that the lord was ok with Kyle going to Utah because Western Kolob Cable was close to a deal to get the Pac-12 Network as part of their standard broadcast package.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Sorry, but a bunch of 3-9 seasons aren’t going to humble them whatsoever. They’re past the point where they still have the ability to change.

1 4

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Indeed. I have had some interesting discussions with Ute mormon apologists on this board regarding whether or not BYU is the lord’s university. The lengths some will go to defend a belief set…

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

I remember that discussion as well.  I said it wasn’t, but you insisted that it was!

Brettski
          Ute Fan
          @brettski

It won’t humble them. Right now they are playing nice with their new big12 friends.

I’m selfishly excited for big 12 fans to realize the mess they’ve made after living with them for a few years.

If you go on Reddit or Twitter and search anything PAC 12 you’ll find a bunch of Y fans stoking fires against Utah. It’s honestly probably 2:1 ratio posts by Byu fans about the PAC.

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

I was teamed up with a huge Kansas State fan last Sunday for golf.  I told him that he had no idea what they just did by inviting TDS fans into the Big XII.  The persecution complex alone is enough to drive the rest of the league bat*&^% crazy.  The funny thing is he said, “Oh, you mean like West Virginia fans”.  I told him, yes, like that but ten times worse.

1 8

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

What do mormons have other than the religious card? It encompasses their entire life.

8 1

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

I strongly believe my religion to be true, but that certainly doesn’t make TDS the only true university.

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

At times? Like all the time.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

The other irony is for decades the church leadership has been encouraging kids to attend local universities to where they live.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

irony – a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Perhaps change the category on this one – seems to be more about BYU than football.

4 9

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If god is ok with mormon prophets marrying teenagers, I’m pretty sure he’s ok with whatever it is you and I or Fano is doing. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I don’t think God cares.

Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

The discussion is BYU fans. Try to stay with us without the collossal diversion out of left field. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Some BYU fans butt hurt by Spencer Fano comment.