BYU fans whining about religious bigotry because people are happy for UAB

Viewing 5 reply threads
      24 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Is exactly why I can’t be a fan of BYU sports despite being a member of their faith.

For mormons these days to complain about modern day persecution is absolutely ridiculous. I get that not everyone likes us, and some may even hate us simply because of what we believe, but that is the same for virtually every subset of people on the planet. 

We have it waaaaay better than a very large number of religious groups.

Okay, sorry for the somewhat religious post, I just hate it when a group of rather well off people whine about being persecuted whenever they get negative press.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

When I was a young person, I always heard BYU football mentioned as a missionary tool, an avenue for non-member interest in the church. Given that positioning for the program, literally one of Heavenly Father’s tools for bringing people to the faith, everyone was a “fan” of BYU.
      I have been out of the church for nearly 35 years, so I have not been privy to any changes in the church’s position regarding the football program. However, having interacted with a number of believing folks on this site, I have come to understand that the position must have changed.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

A large persecution complex is a core part of their identity.  There will always be some slight – real or imagined – that they will claim is “bigotry”.

1 13

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I tend to believe that this persecution complex has been a vehicle for the relaxation of doctrinal stringency and the rise of allegorical interpretation of scripture/historical texts.

4 18

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

4 3

Heike
            Ute Fan
            @heike

Knock it off, @$$hole. Keep your snide, trolling, anti-LDS crap off of here.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Nothing of what I said was snide, trolling, or anti-LDS. To what are you referring?

Heike
                Ute Fan
                @heike

You know very well what you are doing. Posting crap like this and then claiming innocence is your consistent M.O. You’re a troll and not even very good at it.

If you can’t be respectful of other people or their religion, you shouldn’t post.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

Where is the crap? How was I disrespectful?

dystopiamembrane
                    Ute Fan
                    @dystopiamembrane

Which do you find crap/disrespectful? 1. To relate my experiences with church thoughts on BYU’s football team as a proselytizing tool, 2. to claim that there appears to be in the church some movement toward interpreting scriptural and historical texts as allegory, or 3. to post a collection of photos, most of which have been released by the church, to further my point that the church, due, in some part, to its persecution complex, has begun to reveal the less-discussed aspects of its doctrine/history to allow church members to interpret these scriptural/historical items in context, rather than keep them in shame/hidden.

Heike
                      Ute Fan
                      @heike

Like most always, your disgusting trolling post provoked a reaction and you got it. You will not draw me into this any further.

Welcome to ignore, jerk, and congratulations. You’re the first to ever be placed there by me. Not even Moose, Pace or Caesar earned that distinction.

dystopiamembrane
                        Ute Fan
                        @dystopiamembrane

Keep your mind open. That’s all I can ask.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

All I scan say is church was entertaining today lol

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Do tell.

ALUF
          Ute Fan
          @dbgii77

Even when they beat us this year they still lose..the complaining today about how they want us to get destroyed versus the bucks we’re funny. Even when they win they lose to complaining about us

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I agree. Playing religious victim over a football game is the most non-faith thing I ever heard. 

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

How do I block people?

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

Click on the 3 little dots to the right of open on the bottom of their post. 

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I’ve blocked this guy, but his replies still show up now and again. Block feature isn’t foolproof.

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

Ya that dysptopadoosh is now blocked.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I prefer dystopadouche. It’s French.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Blocked that guy a while ago… there is a lot less pointless nonsense to wade through now.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU fans whining about religious bigotry because people are happy for UAB