BYU has beaten Utah in Provo 3 times in the past 25 years.

Viewing 7 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We got this yo.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

As long as we are forced to play them, we may as well add to that total.

2 3

Anonymous
        Inactive

You want us to add to the 3 or the 25?

😉

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Add to the 25. We own RES South and shouldn’t lose there, either…

Anonymous
            Inactive

lol I was just messing with you. I knew what you meant.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Too bad. That’s 3 too many.

UTEMAN
      Ute Fan
      @ute-man

This in not true, they have beat Utah only twice in the past twenty five years.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Do we need an official fact checker? The truth is Utah has NEVER beaten them, ever.

UTEMAN
          Ute Fan
          @ute-man

I stand corrected, there has been three wins in the past twenty five years,  my bad

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

And I shall correct you again. Utah has NEVER beaten them, ever.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I’m just grateful BYU has let us win a couple. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Unfortunately, none of the past 25 years have any bearing on the present.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Perhaps, but it clearly shows that BYU will not have a clear cut home-field advantage; if anything Utah should get the obligatory 3 from Vegas.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

So many of them predicting a win. They lap up the hype every damn August and have their hopes crushed every September. It’s beyond absurd at this point 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Seriously 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

So I’ve never been to a game in Provostan.  What is the ratio of fans in the stands?   For a typical home game in college it would be something like 90-95% home team fans.   Given the size of LES and the fact that LES is not sold out to season ticket holders, and the existence of KSL, StubHub. etc for secondary sales, I would think there is easy access to tickets by Ute fans.  Do the Ute fans end up with as much as 30% of the seats?  This should cut into the “home field advantage”.

dwainegf
        Ute Fan
        @dwainegf

I went to the last game in Prove. There were maybe 10% Utes’ fans at the game. I feel that BYU has more fans at our home games then we do at theirs. It doesn’t matter though. I believe it will be a closer game than it should and that we will win. At least that is my hope.
        BTW, my son and I are going to the game again this year.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

It is pretty amazing how many of their fans come back to our stadium given our allegedly horrible treatment of them. You’d think at the rate we dump old ladies out of wheelchairs they would simply stop coming.

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Maybe they just like getting beer poured on their families. 

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I don’t buy any comment that claims someone dumped beer on them after the game while in the stadium. The beer is long gone by the end of the game. I can believe that some idiot threw a liquid one someone. It is very unlikely that it was beer.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The beer dump actually DID happen, but the details are vastly different than the current fan fiction.

The genesis of the story was Danny White, who was Max Hall’s uncle. Danny played for ASU in the early 70s, and claimed that UA fans threw beer on his mom after a game. That version of the story is at least somewhat believable, since it takes place in the Wild Wild West of Arizona in the early 70s.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Beer-dump-gate is a poorly-fabricated lie that is easy to expose. All the stories of beer dumping specifically involve a CUP of beer (presumably because you can dump something more quickly from a cup than a bottle or a can). However, since beer isn’t sold in RES, the only way to get beer in there would be to smuggle it in under clothing or in a bag. You’re not going to be able smuggle beer in in a cup. I suppose someone who smuggled beer in a bottle or a can could go to concessions and get an empty cup and transfer their beer.

But ask yourself, which is more likely? That a Utah fan would go to all that trouble, or that a subset of BYU-P fans (and players) are lying in order to demonize their enemy?

Usually the simplest explanation is the right one.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

I doubt any “beer was thrown on me when attending a game at Utah” story just for the fact that contraband (alcohol) in Rice-Eccles has to be smuggled in and it will almost always be something a LOT stronger than 3.2 beer.  If they said “someone threw their coke on me and it sure smelled like something was mixed into it” I’d find their story much more credible.

Of course back in my drinking days, we DRANK what we snuck in.  Sure wouldn’t waste it on visiting fans.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

But Utah fans pee on little kids!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes. Plus, what kind of idiot would waste a perfectly drinkable PBR by dumping it on a zoob? That would be a shame.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU has beaten Utah in Provo 3 times in the past 25 years.