BYU QB Commit

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 9

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

So i stopped subscribing to 247 a while ago but from what the mods were saying a few months ago the kid that was a top Utah’s QB board just committed to BYU. That’s really frustrating. Why are we still losing commits to them? Why do we only have one commit so far?
      Despite our winning it feels like we’re losing recruiting momentum the last couple years, not building like you would think we would after continuing to put kids in the league and winning the south.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah stopped recruiting him a month or more ago. He didn’t quite develop the way everybody hoped. 

Hes a solid kid but not a P5 QB. 

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Also offers from Michigan and Oregon…

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Two schools Utah has pwned the head to head matchup of late?

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

Solid logic. Utah should stay clear of Mich and Oregon recruits 

3 2

gUrthBrooks
              Ute Fan
              @hammer

Michigan should not lose recruits to BYU, BITCH!

whitlessham
                Ute Fan
                @whitelssham

I guess both Mich and Oregon will need to just settle with their top 10 recruiting classes….

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Then why did he choose BYU? An offer on 247 isn’t a real offer. Plus, he could just be a byu kid no matter what.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Religion has been making people do stupid things for a long long time and you’ll drive yourself mad trying to understand it.  

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

How did you know we stopped recruiting him? This is good insight and something I hadn’t heard. 

Any QBs that you are aware of, that we have a real shot at this cycle? Seems quiet on the QB front. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Probably because you are behind Shelley and now the new fan darling of Rising. 

I don’t even worry about QB spot anymore the transfer portal is pretty liberal. And you can say the school you committed to gave you diarrhea and probably play immediately at the school of your choice. Doesn’t seem like Utah is at that level yet but I don’t worry about some dumbass kid who wants to pick TDS over Utah. The state of both programs is so apparent that you have to be a fool to attend TDS. 

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

There has been information on the paid boards about both Utah backing off of Maiava AND quarterback recruiting in general.  In fact, there is a quarterback coming on an official visit this weekend…

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Do you know who is coming?

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

It’s Chubba. I have no information other than a Wild ass guess.

mfaulk80
              Ute Fan
              @mfaulk80

Katravis Marsh, and he committed today according to 247. 

6 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

As has already been stated, Utah stopped recruiting him. You asked why we’re still losing recruits to them. Some kids will only go to BYU because of the religious aspect, especially out of state kids. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Utah will still out recruit them over all.

I don’t know what you’re seeing. It seems to me like Utah has been doing just fine on the recruiting front. Don’t expect classes like USC gets.

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Some three star? You can probably find 20 other QBs just like him around the country. If he’s not a four star, I don’t see him as being lost to BYU. That’s their ceiling. Tuttle was a 4 star and that should be the expectation here.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I don’t recall saying Utah “lost him to byu”. In fact I said Utah stopped recruiting him. The OP said BYU beat the Utes.

Getting a four star year in and year out would be nice, but fans shouldn’t reasonably expect that at Utah. Kids will go where they think they can play. Huntley was a four star recruit per ESPN. Shelley, three star on all services. Cam Rising was four. That’s a reasonable expectation if Utah QB recruits from Utah fans.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football BYU QB Commit