Caleb Lohner

Viewing 12 reply threads

Fred
      Ute Fan
      @fredflintsone

I see he’s in the portal from Baylor. I hope we don’t give him a 2nd look. Didn’t he spurn us for byu?

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Doesn’t like to stay in the same place. Given he burned us a few years ago, I wouldn’t even look at him.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

No gracias!!

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Not only has he done nothing in college after what he did to Coach K and Utah basketball I wouldn’t reach out or take his calls.

OmahaOmaha
        Ute Fan
        @omahaomaha

In the rough and tumble world of college athletics, you gotta have thick skin and a short memory for these things. I have no opinion on his abilities, but, if the staff thinks he can help make us better, then we should reach out.

8 1

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I’ll go against the majority and say that I don’t think we’re in a big position to be saying no to potential transfers (particularly ones with meaningful minutes at a Big 12 school). He’s only got 1 year of eligibility left and would be a nice addition, particularly on the defensive side (which was much needed this year). I hope we reach out.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Lohner was supposed to be a shooter but he can’t shoot. BYU hired his daddy, if I remember correctly. Is that how Utah lost him?

1 2

WJUte
      Ute Fan
      @bcannon34

I’d take Lohner over Ben Carlson..just sayin…

3 1

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’d take him…he’s a guy who’s played major minutes in a top program…beggars can’t be choosy…and, given the current landscape in college sports, it’s all about winning right now rather than falling in love with every player we have or can get.

WJUte
      Ute Fan
      @bcannon34

I’d also check in with Ian Martinez.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Yep. And in the worst possible way. He’d signed his national letter of intent with Utah…

…and then backed out of his commitment. And not after a year in the program either. If I recall correctly, he’d changed his mind in the same month as he’d initially locked up a Utah scholarship, that could have gone to a more committed athlete.

Hard pass on Lohner.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

He entered the portal with a do not contact so I think he already has his spot picked out. Maybe he goes to Kentucky as a bench player if they hire Baylors coach?

Andy
      Ute Fan
      @phatmanandy86

I was Caleb’s manager at Lowes for about a month. Dude only stuck around for 3 weeks back then as well.
      However he does have talent and BIG12 experience, I think he’d be worth a look.

1 1

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I’d take him. He is a hard nosed physical player that we need. Four years experience. Good rebounder and defensive player. He could play a few minutes at 5. We need to get more athletic at 2,3,4.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

He betrayed Larry not Smith. Might not be hard feelings that could not be overcome.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.