Can someone tweet this at Ben Criddle and ask him if it’s a good look?

Viewing 10 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

https://twitter.com/Berky_01/status/1518629479899357185

For context, he tweeted out a picture of some HS recruits (all LDS and some targeted by BYU- he left these details out) at Utah this last weekend mock performing a religious ceremony …

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Sigh…as an ALUF, that’s actually much worse than the photo.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Whoa, whoa, whoa . . . This is completely different.

First of all, Zach Wilson is a 22 year old kid. Those Ute recruits are 16 & 17 year old grown men! Second, Zach was just goofing around with some friends on the golf course. Those Ute recruits were goofing around on a recruiting visit. I mean, come on, how can you even compare the two situations?

– BYU fans, probably

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

They’re amazing at mental gymnastics – “if you look at R/nyjets this has been a huge positive for him. Among the fan base. I don’t think this is as big of a deal as people on CB are making it out to be. Everyone outside of the Church sees it as a quick comeback, and most people within the Church will never hear about it.”

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Wait! He must still be a Ute fan, amirite?

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

If this weren’t Zach Wilson – if it were a current Ute in the NFL that made that exact statement, there would be 30 threads with 500 comments by now on CougarBoard and dozens of tweets on Twitter dishing out their wrath to Ute fans and former Ute players.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Criddle current backtracking HARRRRRD…

Waybackutefan
        Ute Fan
        @waybackutefan

All I can say is where are the adults in the golf cart?

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

That’s just it . . . Zach IS the ADULT.

Waybackutefan
            Ute Fan
            @waybackutefan

Oh contraire, according to the boogboard the predominant  opinion is he’s a 22 year old kid, kids make mistake’s.

the other prevailing attitude is it’s not the same because he wasn’t wearing a TDS uniform…. Um huh?

theres no bigger bunch of hypocritical knobs than TDS fan bois.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I’m missing something here.  I see an image of a bunch of Utah players, plus a 4-star LB recruit (Liona Lefau).  And on that tweet it says, “And to those looking for me to be outraged and to attack Zach personally...”

What???  Was he talking about Zach Wilson?  How did Zach get brought into this?  What did I miss….????

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

There was a video of Zach Wilson saying something pretty vulgar about Joseph Smith while golfing – seems like it was deleted by the original tweeter 

Waybackutefan
            Ute Fan
            @waybackutefan

Google Reddit nyjets if you’re interested.

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

Yep.  Just saw it.  I notice the zoobs over on cougarboard aren’t anywhere NEAR as alarmed by this video as they were by the Utah recruiting photo.  That said, just think of the crumble-to-the-floor, pearl-clutching, apoplexy zoob nation would have been writhing over had Zach Wilson said the exact same thing, had he’d played for Utah.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

This is lazy reporting by Criddle. Is he trying to point out the LDS church is not respected at the U, even though you have a head coach and Defensive coordinator who are members?
      I’m so over this. Everyone wants to be offended. Members are offended because they think it’s mocking, anti-lds affiliates are applauding it because they think they were mocking. Both appear to be incorrect and now my social time lines are filled with arguments about 18-22 year olds decisions.
      The thing that made ZW look bad was the time he publicly admitted to changing his number on his jersey to reflect how many times he beat Utah. By far the most embarrassing thing he has ever done.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

You reap what you sow. Why the leadership of my church allowed BYU and the deseret news to hype up Zach as a prominent face of the church, I’ll never understand. It was always obvious he’d quickly embarrass them.

The worst is listening to BYU fans claim their sports programs are great missionary tools.  They’re completely ignorant to what a turn off BYU sports and their fans are to those they’re trying to recruit to membership. 

Hahnenwk
      Ute Fan
      @hahnenwk

Can someone post usable links to look at these

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

They took down the tweet. Too bad, it sounds good.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Video is gone down the memory hole. What did Wilson even say?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

It even got deleted from reddit! It was a video of zach wilson doing some stupid tiktok golf challenge where he says “Joseph Smith was F*** 10 B***” great look for the missionary “tools” in Provo.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Can someone tweet this at Ben Criddle and ask him if it’s a good look?