Classless of AZ

Viewing 7 reply threads
      5 1

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

That last play to throw deep with less than 40 sec has me boiling. What garbage. I pray that we absolutely remember this and destroy them and never let off the pedal in anyway at all next year.

Ugh…. just a game… just a game. P**sing me off

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I liked Fisch until this point. That was unnecessary.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Zoob-level play right there.

2 6

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I hate to say it, but we did something similar against ASU. Not quite as bad because it wasn’t a pass, but we ran the ball instead of kneeling with 45 seconds to play and scored a TD to go up 55-3.

UofU Fanatic
          Ute Fan
          @uofufanatic

It was 4th down so not going to kneel and ran up the middle… not the same at all imo

5 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The only thing that bothers me is that we will focus on that rather than the s**tshow first half.
      This game was over basically to end the first quarter.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I think this week, the staff and players will focus on the first-half debacle. However, next year when we have Arizona in RES, I think the subject of that last play will come up.

lgt4141
      Ute Fan
      @lgt4141

How different is it than Utah scoring two at the end of ASU? The only difference I can see is that Utah’s were running plays.

Utah forgot it had a game in the 1st quarter.

2 3

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m not certain that Utah will have a chance to do something like what Arizona did today any time soon if Fisch stays with the Wildcats. For some reason, Arizona (and ASU) have the ability to recruit blue-chippers of the type that Utah rarely gets. Maybe it’s their proximity to California, or the fact that the state has a bigger and much more diverse population, or it’s a more pleasant environment for university students (especially Tucson…there’s an entire strip of bars and restaurants essentially across the street from the university), or it doesn’t get really cold in winter, etc…anyways, when you combine those attractions with solid coaching, Utah is going to have to up its game if it wants to remain relevant in the Big XII.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

The Wildcats have booked the 3rd highest volume of NIL deals in the PAC12 the last 2 years (behind U$C and the Ducks). Their progress isn’t surprising. I have exceptionally positive and vivid memories of the bars “Dirtbags” and “Wildcat House” in Tucson in the ‘90’s so I get your point.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Yeah, I’ve lived near Tucson during three different times in my life and I quite enjoyed it. If you’re into the full-up college experience, it’s a cool place to go to school. That whole bar area near the school is hopping pretty much every night and gets unreal on the weekends. I’ve seen girls walking around there wearing outfits that would get them arrested for solicitation in SLC.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

I agree. I did grad school in Tucson. The girls were attractive and wear beach attire to school until Thanksgiving. But if it is a party after party you are looking for, that is at ASU.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Oh Charlie, I know exactly what you mean…I did undergrad at Miami and thought I’d seen everything…and then I spent a four day weekend in Tempe…I’m in my late 50s now and don’t keep up, at all, with that scene but I imagine it has to play some role in a recruit’s decision making cycle.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

Source, please. Not that I don’t believe you (and bball donors at UA could easily put some money into football), just keep hearing it and want to see data.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Arizona has repeatedly been mentioned as one of the strongest and best organized NIL collectives (a bit of a surprise given their relative position in CFB pecking order), so I’m aure that contributes

But…., they’ve also lost a lot of their top commits recently. For 2024, they have two 4 star recruits and then another 4 who are 3-stars but are ranked in the top 1000.

By comparison, Utah for 2024 has three 4-star recruits and then another 6 3-stara beyond that who are seen as Top-1000 recruits for the year.

Utah has consistently overperformed with unheralded recruits, but we’ve now entered a new era where Utah is recruiting on par with (or better than) teams like Arizona.

Overall recruiting rank still favors Arizona just due to quantity, but the quality of recruits at the top favors Utah

1 7

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Uncalled for by Fisch. But, what goes around – comes around. We scored with 40 seconds to play to beat ASU 55-3. I was not happy with that. I know it was a run and not a long pass, but still…

UofU Fanatic
        Ute Fan
        @uofufanatic

The ASU ending very disentangle. 4th down can’t take a knee and ran ball up middle with the backups.

AZ launched a deep ball with less than 40 sec first play. Very different and classless imo

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

End of ASU game there was too much time on the clock to take a knee. I noted before the snap that I hope we get the first time but don’t score, but the 4th string back ran it in.

As for today, the team and fans will remember it when they visit Salt Lake next year.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Classless of AZ