Cole Bishop

Viewing 4 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Listened to an interview Whitt just did with 1280 Zone and although Safety is the one area where we aren’t as deep, he’s super high on Bishop. Sounds like Davis and Bishop will be the starting safeties. But whenever Whitt goes on record as saying a guy you should watch out for is…..that always gets my attention. And Cole Bishop was the guy he hyped up. Can’t wait to watch our next NFL safety ball out this year…Go Utes!

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Sounds like Davis and Bishop will be the starting safeties

That doesn’t say much for McKinney’s transfer if a true freshman is going to start over him.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Has Mckinney practiced with the Utes yet?

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I don’t think so. But I’ve heard Whitt say in interviews that McKinney gives us much needed depth and experience at Safety. So I don’t think our coaches have been looking at him as a starter.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

you could be right. i just don’t know that it is the best use of a scholarship to bring in a guy with one year of eligibility to do a cooper bateman impression.

i remember when stevie tuikolovatu felt buried on the depth chart, transferred to SC, made all-conference, and got himself drafted. those are the stories i want to hear about kids who transfer in.

UtahUtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahutesrock

Or it’s saying a lot about Bishop. 

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Or it says a lot about Bishop.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I don’t think any of this get sorted out until McKinney gets on the practice field. For now, we have a couple of safeties that create options and fall camp will determine the starters. Bishop has exceeded expectations for a freshman. McKinney never broke thru to start in maybe the strongest safety room in the Pac. Either could become a starter or we could have more than two get significant minutes. Don’t forget about Latu and Vaughn, either of them can figure in. I think Whitt’s comments relate more to the safety depth chart is unsettled than a reference to a weakness. I think we have some options but the options are new.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Cole will remind you a lot of Nate Ritchie. Latu will also be in the mix. Fall camp starts this week so we’ll soon find who steps forward.

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Last two freshmen that Whitt has praised effusively were Nate Richey and Ty Jordan. I would say he has established  the precedence of picking out really outstanding freshmen.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.