Dorian Singer officially a Ute!

Viewing 10 reply threads

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

It’s now official that Dorian Singer is a Ute!

twitter link

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This a huge win for the staff wonder whose checkbook is lighter now.

belli1976
        Ute Fan
        @belli1976

He was 6th in receiving yards at USC. I hope he did cost too much.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

He had over 1,100 yards receiving the year before and was dinged up last year.

10 1

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Listen, I followed this dude at USC because I liked him at Zona and was hoping the Utes would get him when he entered the portal after the 2022 season. Not to be argumentative, but the reality is that, other than routine bumps and bruises, he wasn’t dinged up last year. I mean, he literally played in every single USC game last season. His problem was that there were better WRs at USC that relegated him to becoming Williams’ 4th or 5th option thus reducing his targets and production. That won’t be the case at Utah and I look forward to seeing him become a 1st Team All PAC 12 WR again this season.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Big 12*

Tednab
              Ute Fan
              @tednab

*BIG12 .. lol stop living in the past 😉

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

LOL…reminds me of a military briefing I took part in about 15 years ago…the briefer kept referring to the Russians as the “Soviets.”

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

I think you’re right, had my wires crossed there with someone else. I lifted this from Bartle’s article, “ What stands out most about Singer and how he’s been evaluated is that he owned a 99.9 PFF grade on throws of 20+ yards in 2022 where he hauled in 14-of-25 throws for 512 yards and four touchdowns. Though he didn’t have the same amount of production this season, he was still evaluated similarly at USC with a 91.0 grade”

4 1

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

No worries brother. I just knew it because I watched every USC game and the announcers made a point to say how Singer’s production had dropped. I essentially lifted my comments from their commentary. Maybe it was a playbook issue or maybe Williams felt comfortable with the guys he had developed a relationship with or maybe the guys that USC already had there were better but Singer just wasn’t featured all that much last season. I do think with Rising back on board, he can run riot on the Big 12.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Look up the grades. You sound really dumb right now.

AlphaUte
      Ute Fan
      @connor1822

Hell yeah

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Absolutely massive pickup. Proven elite talent at the position of highest need. Singer is a game-changer.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Singer in 2022 benefitted from having Cowing and MacMillan for DB’s to focus on and did his damage on 20 yard crossers. It remains to be seen if he will be utilized in same fashion (the Vele role) or if McLain will get those routes.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Hells yes! I was worried UW would try to get him with his connection to Arizona…as light as that connection was.

God damn! I’ve got the offseason optimism! QB – great. RB – solid. TE – above average to great. WR – maybe the best since Carrington was here. OL – above average.

This offense is going to f**k up the Big 12.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I’m still a bit worried about the OL. I am hoping that being able to throw the ball will help out the running game. Opposing defenses had it too easy last year, stack the box because Barnes couldn’t throw.

Rising throwing to Kuithe and Singer means that game plan goes out the window.

Our Utes are gearing up for a great 2024.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Not sure what to make of his response to this tweet

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Wow, our passing offense could be amazing if our Oline can protect Cam.

Cam will have the following guys he can pass to:

– Kuithe – All-conference caliber receiver/tight end
      – Pittman – (If healthy – he could be a deep ball threat.
      – Money Parks – Solic WR who knows our system.
      – Singer – Had over 1000 yards receiving for Arizona in 2022.
      – Bernard – He is a great receiver out of the backfield.
      – Carsen Ryan – TE transfer from UCLA.
      – Lyons – Former 4-star transfer from UW.
      – King – He is just beginning to develop into a solid TE receiver.

Go Utes!!!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

40 points a game is back on the menu boys and girls!!!

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Player A averaged 9 yds per catch and 2 TDs in 2023, 7 yds per catch apart from one big play.

Player B averaged 18 yds per catch and 2 TDs in 2023. Player B had the same productivity (same total yards and TDs) as Player A on half the receptions.

Who are you getting reps and targets?

Player A was Parks
        Player B was McClain

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

Proud – nice list but don’t forget about McClain. He should get the ball much more than he has been.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I agree. McClain should have been on the list. My bad.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I guess we’ll know once and for all after this next year if our lack of production at WR is a talent issue or a scheme issue (assuming everyone stays healthy). We now have at least one guy who

J Rocksville
        Ute Fan
        @jrocksville

Only time will tell. I “want” to believe that Ludwig tailors his offense around his weapons and I think there is historical context there. Last year, there just weren’t very many weapons and he was forced to keep changing on the fly. At least that’s what I hope time will prove.

HATUman
          Ute Fan
          @hatuman

Ludwig wouldn’t throw the ball because Kyle loathes turnovers. As soon as Barnes or Johnson threw an interception in a game, there went the throw game for that respective game. Then all the defense had to do was load up the box and snuff out the run game. I think Rising has a much longer leash, I just hope he can stay healthy. With Kyle stating that Rose “hadn’t shown enough progression to get playing time” is extremely concerning, or maybe he was academically ineligible… don’t know. But we cannot run into the same QB situation that we had last year. Gotta get a legitimate backup before I’ll breathe easy.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Now throw him the damn ball!

Trevor
        Ute Fan
        @hoferta

Now I am curious what happens if we get Bridges as well.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

If we get Bridges our WR room will be solid. With speedy new RB and Bernard catching passes out of the backfield we should be able to spread the field with speed. I’ll take that over 3 yards and a cloud of dust any day. Rising wouldn’t have to run as much just get it to the playmakers. Ludwig should be in offensive heaven with those weapons.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I wonder which transfers will enroll for spring semester? Those that do obviously will be more prepared to fill in.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dorian Singer officially a Ute!