East Side

Viewing 6 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

As a season ticket holder on the west side of the stadium, the east side has looked barren all year long. Did they just not show up this year? Is the case the same for the west side? Hard to tell when you’re sitting in it. 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Lots of empty seats on the west side (as seen from the east) too.   Why don’t people just find someone to use their seats when they can’t attend?  A family event kept me from attending tonight (first senior night game I’ve missed since the early 90s), but the seats were used by grateful family members.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

8 pm is bed time for most of the Old rich bastards. Also they want too much for their tickets on KSL. 

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

West side looks barren from my seats in the MUSS. Every game I think, “All those old rich alumni…” it’s either too cold once it hits low 60’s, they leave once we get up by 10+ points, or they leave when we get down by 10+. No fight in them I swear.

Of course, I really have no idea who sits where, but I’m assuming the older alumni keep the best tickets around the 50 yard line in their family forever.

Also, old people.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I noticed last night they didn’t proudly announce the 51st sellout.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I’m pretty sure they announced it on TV. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The MUSS looked the worst from my perspective. Senior night what the hell else do you have to do with an 8 pm game on??? Student section is going downhill it starts with marketing all the traditions. Moving the Crazy Lady dance to just before the fourth. Then the drums are gone I noticed.  They shaft a kid out of 5k,  the marketing department for the U is pathetic. 

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I would think it’s the fact that the team was 5-6 at the time. Students show up for winning teams. If you compare how the MUSS looked against Stanford vs. last night, it seems pretty evident that kids want to come root for a successful team. If not, they’d rather party elsewhere.

Also could be the fact that it was Thanksgiving weekend and kids went home to be with their families.

voxnihili
        Ute Fan
        @voxnihili

Box score on ESPN says attendance was 46,022 which makes it a sell-out. Butts in seats, probably not, but there have been other games like that during the streak.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Interestingly, from my seats on the east side, the west side looks about 50% full to me. In fact, my group of 8 moved to the west side during that one afternoon game to keep the sun out of our eyes – we easily grabbed seats at midfield and we were all able to sit together with room on every side.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

We were seated adjacent to the MUSS, and from my perspective they had a good showing and were into it the whole game. I was actually surprised how well attended this game was under the circumstances. The west side looked full but started draining out early like 3rd Q. There were also a bunch of CU fans near us who left early. Only the NEZ appeared full to the end.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.