Eccles family donates $110M to the school of medicine.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It will now be named the Spencer Fox Eccles School of medicine.
      ——————————————————————
      Dear students, staff, and faculty,
      This morning we announced that the University of Utah has received a landmark gift of $110 million for the School of Medicine from the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation and the Nora Eccles Treadwell Foundation.
      We also announced that our medical school will carry a new name—the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine—in recognition of our appreciation for all that Spence Eccles, the Eccles family and the Eccles foundations have done to champion medical education and world-class health care at the University of Utah and in our state.
      The Eccles gift will enable our School of Medicine to join the ranks of the nation’s elite named institutions by significantly increasing the school’s endowment, accelerating state-of-the-art medical education and discovery, advancing knowledge through research, making a new medical school building a reality, and, ultimately, training future physicians to deliver the highest quality and deeply compassionate health care for all Utahns. You can read the full announcement here, including details of how this historic gift will be used to achieve excellence in our missions.
      This joint gift from the two Eccles foundations represents a defining moment for the School of Medicine, our university, and our state, commemorating many decades of advocacy and generous investments in the University of Utah by the Eccles.
      This is truly a day to celebrate. We are deeply grateful to Spence Eccles and Eccles family. Tonight, we will light the hillside Block U and the George S. Eccles Legacy Bridge red in their honor and as a beacon of hope for the future as we mark the establishment of a pathway to better health for our entire state, region, and nation.

Sincerely,

Michael L. Good
      Interim President

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Holy….wow.

Yet another reason to love the U. What an absolutely incredible donation. Just EPIC. I loved the Hospital (I studied Bioengineering so I was up there fairly regularly) and this will only make it better. How cool!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What can I get my name on for a $110 donation?

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Tony Field at Rice-Eccles Stadium.  It has a nice ring to it.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Maybe one blade of fake grass. 

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

I’m hoping that after 25 years of buying season tickets that they’ll name my seat after me.  That’ll have to do.

pedro
              Ute Fan
              @pedro

That’s all you got?  Rookie!  32 and counting. 😉

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I would gladly find some real estate on my forehead for a $110 million donation to my bank account.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

The Tony @ UteHub North-West Endzone Corner Orange Pylon, (lower half). 

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Urinal cakes in the West concourse bathroom?

I can think of a few names I would donate on behalf of, haha.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Spot 69 by the dumpster.

Gugstanley
        Ute Fan
        @gugstanley

If you buy a soda they might write your name on the bottom of the cup. That might exceed $110

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah but you get an awesome cup to take home. I have about 20 of them.  Damn, that’s like $2500.

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

Man, I love my take home cups from sporting events.

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

Tony’s can of ski wax?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Eccles family donates $110M to the school of medicine.