Echo chamber prediction

Viewing 9 reply threads
      2 19

User Suspended
      @a2ute

We all know that this year’s recruiting class will not be as good as last year ( not by a long shot). You would think that making the PAC12 championship game last year would bring in better recruits…. no dice.

With three months left in the 2020 class Utah holds the 119 ranked class.  Clearly, this will improve, but 55-45 is the range that should be expected.

I predict the new echo chamber narrative will now be ” the transfer portal is more important the recruiting 18-year-olds” … sigh, anything to cover for kwhitt poor recruiting prowess  

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hey, why don’t we let the class play out before saying stupid things. I know, tough to do for you. But…still, can you try?

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

“We all know”…. riiiiight. You “knowing” something is one of the best contrarian indicators that exists.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Why do you only care about where our recruiting class ranks? Obviously there are correlations to success, but you sound really stupid.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

The past few years have been a tremendous success for the Utes.  It’s imperative they capitalize on said success.  Bringing in average or “rudy” players will not raise or even sustain the current level of play.

Never has it been the most perfect time to change the recruiting paradigm…and kwhitt is laying a egg. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

You said that some years ago. Then we improved. Just stop.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Let me guess, Weddle, Alex Smith, Anae, Foto, Moss, Huntley, Penisini, Dixon, Nurse, Ford, and Lloyd are ‘Rudy’ type players. Maybe you didn’t expect them to turn out, or maybe Whitt is smarter than you think. I get it, you looked at the ratings and saw we had the fewest commits in the Pac. You might want to take the time to see who is in the missionary pipeline and this is possibly your first year watching and not understanding Whitt often waits for the end of the year. Some of the current commits could end up walking on. Again, if you are new the 119 ranking might make you wish we had the Y’s or USU’s guys coming in. Pay more attention and you will rest easier.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

That said, I would be happy to see the list of recruits scheduled to visit increase with guys that have lots of great options…

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

The program hasn’t grown the way it has with average, “rudy” players – at all. It’s hard to believe you take yourself seriously typing such hyperbolic statements. But, we’ve all observed you complaining about this for a long time. Utah won’t get all the kids they want, but they’ll get all the kids they need. I would like to see Utah keep more of the best kids home. Another 1st place finish in the division and a Rose Bowl or better will certainly provide a burst and Utah will land more of the kids they want.

1 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

If you ever said anything positive, maybe I could take you seriously.  

User Suspended
        @a2ute

From post above “The past few years have been a tremendous success for the Utes”

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

You only seem to praise our team in defense for s***ing all over it.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Based on what type of recruiting? K-Whitt’s recruiting?

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

You have been spewing the samd old negative narrative for years now.  Yet here we are, yet again in the run for the championship.  I don’t care if our class ranks 150th, as long as we keep competing at the level we are.  

Enjoy the ride!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If coach Whitt were such a horrible recruiter the Utes wouldn’t be where they’re currently at. The results on the field speak for themselves.

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

pace: basic question: DO WE KNOW THAT?  Utah has an approach to recruiting that is atypical

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

@a2ute / Pace Manyung we have limited spots in this class thus the low ranking. My prediction – when the dust settles, we will have the highest grade ranking average per player than any other class. This is the biggest recuriting weekend of the year. Also, i would suspect that we have more four star recruits than we will have ever signed. I wouldn’t be suprised if we land 4 or 5 four star recruits which is good for our class.

Also – this years record will benefit the 2021 class more than the 2020 class.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Due to returning missionaries, it’s going to be a really small class from what I understand.  With a small class, our ranking is going to be lower no matter what (unless you manually sort by average rating).  There are a bunch of known recruits that are heavy Utah leans, and there is buzz that the recruiting has had some great changes over the last couple of weeks.  Plus, Whitt has said that the bump usually comes a year after success.  We had a decent year last year, but we sputtered at the end.  I think we’re generating more buzz for the 2021 class.  Regardless, we’re not going to have 5 star recruits lining up at our door just because we have a good season or two.  It takes time, and our recruiting has steadily improved since joining the Pac 12.  If we can land a few 4 star guys between now and February, then I’ll be feeling just fine….

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

To a certain extent, when it comes to recruiting, I believe Pace gets unfair grief. I follow recruiting pretty closely and have for years and I feel that a program with the success over the last 15 years that Utah has had should annually produce higher ranked classes; however, expecting Utah to be in the top quarter of the Pac 12 is unreasonable and probably won’t ever happen due to many factors, one being geography and two being perception. I love that Utah seems to be continually recruiting, on average, better rated athletes each year and I wouldn’t sleep on this year’s class incrementally improving the average rating from last year. There is a very good RB and elite players from Utah seriously considering Utah. Also, Darren Jones (although I hope he somehow eventually lands here) shows that chasing highly rated guys can backfire. I would rather have a three star here developing than a four star not being able to qualify.

Being as general as possible, it seems like to have sustained success a program has to recruit high level, talented athletes but the other prong is a program has to develop those athletes because, in college, experience can sometimes beat talent and most guys are with the program for only 3-5 years.

Utah may be underperforming or just average for recruiting talented high school players but Utah is elite at developing those players at the college level. It may take a few years to develop those players into elite contributors but Utah has proven to do it consistently with all differnent talents. Look no further than the Barton brothers to see what Utah can do. Four star highly recruited OL brother goes undrafted and three star and much less recruited brother gets drafted in the third round and is looking like he may have a long career in the NFL.

With 247 seemingly handing out three stars to everyone, I’m not sure what really separates the teams in the 25-75% range as far as talent goes so, unless Utah can get into the first quadrant in the Pac 12, I would much rather be elite in the development department.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

This is in the same vein of a question I’ve had for a while.  Is there a school that is elite at both?  I’m not sure there is.  Seems like it’s always one or the other.

3 2

Distantute
          Ute Fan
          @distantute

Everyone is too critical of pace. I dont agree with everything he says about recruiting (my guess he takes it to the extreme to get reactions) but he is generally correct that our recruiting isnt stellar and there are reasons to be concerned. One thing others have said (and said it last year and the year before and the year before that) that isnt true – is our class this year will be small. We have a large number of kids departing and weve made an ungodly number of offers. I say it every year and is true every year – the size of the class will be the size of the number of kids we want that also want us. We, like every other team, will make room.

5 1

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Okay. Tell me one valuable recruiting post he’s provided. He does this literally every year and literally every year he is proven wrong. It’s tiresome. Particularly since he’s the same prick that does everything in his power to tear down the Utes when the slightest thing goes wrong but never owns it. His schtick is boring.

Utahute72
              Ute Fan
              @utahute72

Two things. Utah generally closes late on the higher rated recruits, partly because of limited schollies and partly because they aren’t a traditional power. I remember similar concerns last year. Secondly most rankings use total numbers, since we have returning missionaries we will always be lower. For instance in 247 rankings we are 12th in the PAC, but if you use average we are 8th. We’ll end up somewhere between 4-6.

Dallas
            Ute Fan
            @dallas

He talks sh*t about the few metrics where we fall behind. Funny how we have success regardless, yet from his repetitive recruiting criticism you’d think we were cellar dwellers. It just gets old.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Echo chamber prediction