ESPN has UW with a 53% chance to win

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Fox has Utah with a 54% chance to win.  Early point spreads are 3 to 4.5 for Utah.  This is a huge game for our season.  If we win and do not stub our toe in the last three weeks, we should be ranked about 4 – 7 when the conference championship is played.  If Oregon wins out their ranking will also be in that 4 – 7 range.  The best thing for the PAC12 is to have both Oregon and Utah win out and have a top ten match up on December 6th.  If that happens, there is a legit chance of the PAC12 making the CFP.

But, that’s a lot to happen.  We just need to take care of business.  For me, I would be thrilled to just win out.  If we don’t make the CFP – oh well, it will still have been an amazing season.

Like someone posted below, I didn’t think we looked like a top 10 team in mid-September.  Now, I think we belong in the club.  We are playing so well and have dominated every game in October.  We are also generally healthy.  I feel bad that Covey (who has been a big part of Utah football) isn’t a part of this run.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That top ten curse has burned Utah in the past. I am a bit gun shy for sure. 

This definitely seems different. Utah actually has accomplished great things and looks the part and most importantly is healthy in November. 

2 5

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Yeah…. but November

Daedalus17
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus17

I am worried about QB knee health. I think TH is Elite QB talent. The team is also Elite. Together they are amazing at full strength.

I am pretty nervous about this game though.

IamgrUTE
        Ute Fan
        @jrevans

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

I feel far more confident going into this game than I did the USC game. That’s because Utah has hit their stride and Washington has been proven to not be as good as they were last year. I think Utah wins because Utah’s defense is just astoundingly good right now. They’re going to shut UW’s offense down. And the Huskies struggle to stop the run. Zack Moss is going to have a field day against them.

IamgrUTE
          Ute Fan
          @jrevans

Washington will have a game plan in place to slow down Moss but the Utes have other weapons.  Hopefully Ludwig can expose there defense with Kuithie/Thompson/Nacua.  The offense may look a little different (more passing) until the second half.  Then they’ll wear them down and crush them with Moss and Brumfield.

Washington has no choice but to load up the box and stop the run.  ASSU was sumwhat effective at slowing down Utah’s run game Cal wasn’t.  We’ll see how Washington does on Saturday.

Daedalus17
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus17

Remember that play Cal tried to load the box and Tyler went long to Btyan Thompson for the touchdown.

That was beautiful. I love watching this team.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN has UW with a 53% chance to win