Expectations

Viewing 4 reply threads

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I very much appreciate the expectations within the Utah football program. We have no idea the realm of what every individual thinks of the last 18 months. 

I’m a combat vet, and I’ll tell you right now these fellas have faced more PTSD than I’ve experienced. Freaky weird stuff. 

When all said and done, those 18-24 year olds in the program the last 18 months are warriors in my eyes. Absolute warriors. 

When you lose one from your squad, it hurts. When you lose 2, could be a shaker. But to have 2 wearing #22 from the same highschool in Texas. Going to the funerals at the same place within the same period can be a huge toll. 

Utah just might be the toughest bunch of young men in the country. I wouldn’t want to face them. I put them in the category of, Combat Vets. They all definitely have PTSD. 

I’m so excited for these young men. Strength beyond comprehension. 11 on 11, baby. Let’s whip Ohio State. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Someone like Micah Bernard who was at the party and at least witnessed A Lowe on the ground, bleeding out most definitely has PTSD. I’m not sure if he wit essed the attack, but he did speak about seeing him after it. I’m sure there were others that were there as well.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Yeah, Micah was there. He definitely has PTSD. But a warrior. Guys like him have respect for those who fought for this country. Very strong young man. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m not a veteran so I won’t go there, but yeah… there are at least a handful of guys on the team that have PTSD. All the freaky stuff you mentioned could have crippled these young men. I don’t know if Aaron’s mother truly understands the gift she gave when she gave them permission to look at these events in the best possible light.

On another team, with a different mother, these events could have been looked at in a negative way that could have lead some to believe some very scary stuff.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

My main point; We have no idea what they are thinking, but definitely affected much like a combat situation. 

Utah Football team much like a battalion of Marines. Young men that have no idea what’s in front of them, but they are ready to face the adversity.

This Utah football team definitely the most scary team I’ve ever witnessed. Even Ohio State, a playoff club.

They’re like Damnit, why did we have to play these, “fairytale” guys? No fairytale here. Strong young men who’ve faced more adversity than any club in the country. Bar none

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I agree with you, @johnny. The team is also like a group of EF! activists fighting against the destruction of their bioregion. Or, like warrior hero, Willem van Spronsen, single-handedly attacking an ICE detention center. I applaud these brave soldiers and their battle through incredible hardship. Thank you for honouring our warriors.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Oregon. You’re, Oregon bro. Bad, all bad.

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

As a Marine (0311 Rifleman/Infantry 30 years removed from service) I thank God nearly every day that I managed to avoid combat during my time of service and the associated PTSD that would have most certainly come with it.  I know what it’s like to sign a will and be literally hours away from being moved into theater only to be told to stand down.  That being said, I am positive that this Utah team is playing for themselves (the brother to their left and right/the coaching staff/and the families of TJ/AL).

I bet down to a man they understand that there is NO adversity that they can face on the football field that is any tougher/tramatizing that what they have had to deal with especially with the loss of a teammate during the season.  They have a resolve that transcends whatever game that they are playing in and that makes them extremely dangerous.  They know mentally that they have another gear that they can access during adversity, and outside of military service or dealing with tragedy or loss like they have, not may other people are aware that it even exists.

From the outside looking in, I wouldn’t want any part of playing this Utah team.  You can see the resolve in their eyes during these games.  Even if they fail and come up short, you are going to get everything they have from an effort/resolve standpoint for the full 60 minutes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Expectations