Fan Turnout

Viewing 2 reply threads

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Halftime show of hoops game asked where are all the fans?

Says we can be ranked. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m at the game.  I’d say it’s about half capacity.  Could be worse for a weeknight and a mediocre opponent.

Hahnenwk
        Ute Fan
        @hahnenwk

And students on break

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Considering the rivalry we’ve had with Oregon in MBB, how well the Utes are playing, and the fact that the game is being played on a Saturday afternoon, I’m going to be disappointed if that game isn’t at almost capacity. And we’re really only talking about the lower bowl.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

A bit more in attendance that at other games in the Hunty and actually seemed a bit crowded leaving the arena and heading down to catch TRAX.  Hopefully the upward trend will continue.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Just looked at the box score of the game and the official attendance was 6471. This is at 43 percent capacity given that that the JHC can hold 15000 people.

cj13
        Ute Fan
        @cjohnsen13

There’s no way. I was at the game and I wouldn’t even say it was half capacity of available seats (8,500 total seats since there are curtains). At best there was an attendance of 4,000. 6,500 means it should’ve looked 76% filled

alexsmith
          Ute Fan
          @alexsmith

See I was there, I’d give it about 60% of the lower bowl, so yeah only about 4500-5000

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Probably counting season ticket holders.

Staples
            Ute Fan
            @staples

Season ticket holders not showing up is definitely an issue. The entire rest of the row next to our seats hasn’t been to one game this season, yet those tickets don’t show up as available if someone was trying to get tickets to a game.

dwainegf
              Ute Fan
              @dwainegf

Season ticket holders are at least paying for the tickets, used or not.
              I go to most of the games. The problem I see is lack of students and lack of public interest. Last night was much better on both fronts. Hopefully we will see more improvement for Saturday’s game.
              5p.m. start time. Go Utes!!!

Staples
                Ute Fan
                @staples

I’ve been to every home game this season save one, and I definitely agree about the students. There have been some dreadful turnouts from the MUSS, though it does seem to be getting better. Public interest is harder to gauge because based on some things I’ve seen on Twitter (thus take it with a grain of salt), there aren’t a lot of tickets showing as available for purchase for a single game. So sure, the University has their money if season ticket holders aren’t showing up, but you’re still left with a half empty arena (thus the curtains stay up and upper bowl isn’t even a ticket option) when more casual fans might want to attend, but possibly can’t find a ticket at a price they’re willing to pay.

GameForAnyFuss
              Ute Fan
              @gameforanyfuss

For the life of me I’ve never understood why people spend money on things they don’t consume.

I once made the mistake of being the registrar for my beer league soccer team. Not exaggerating in the slightest – 50% of the guys paid their $100 registration fee and never showed up for a single game.

Someone help me make sense of it all.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

What they’re counting is all tickets sold for the event (season, individual, and walk-up) and not the people that actually crossed the turnstiles.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.