Fans in the Stands

Viewing 5 reply threads

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

It is looking highly probable that a fall season will be played.  Has anybody heard what plans are for fans in the stands, is there talk of reduced capacity?  No fans at all?  If capacity is capped at 40% like some NFL teams are instituting in states that are allowing live events, are we looking at a lottery?  Tickets only for the largest donors?

Thoughts…

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The number I have heard thrown around is 25% of stadium capacity. As for how they distribute tickets, I haven’t heard anything. I would guess players will be given a small number of tickets for their families, maybe two per player. MUSS would probably be limited to 500. From there, I think they will give the option to attend based on Crimson Club status and work their way down based on donation level until they reach the 25% of capacity number. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

If they go this way I wonder if the opt out provision would be voluntary with the terms they sent us when we renewed.  As a person who travels from out of state for the games I am not sure how thrilled I would be with getting an email on Thursday afternoon letting my know whether or not I can get in the stadium on Saturday because enough high level donors have decided not to hold the tickets hostage.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I’m guessing it will be a season ticket commitment. You’re either all in for every game or you don’t get tickets for any game. It would be a logistical nightmare to do it week by week.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

Those tickets will be gold on the open market so no big money donors would opt out.  Approximately 11k tickets for a home schedule with Oregon, USC, and Washington.  Gold…

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Mwahahahaha

Hellhound152
                Ute Fan
                @hellhound152

Tony’s getting a helicopter to replace the drone.  haha

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

Yeah they will. I’m thinking they should require the ID of the season ticket account holder be scanned at the gate in order for the tickets to be valid. In a year like this, the last thing we need to see is price gouging on the secondary market. If you say you’re going to take one of the limited tickets, you should have to be the one using it.

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

I’m not laughing because I plan to price gouge FWIW. 

SkinyUte
                Ute Fan
                @skinyute

I certainly hope they don’t do that.  My seats have been in an old friend’s name (care of me) for the past 10 years since he moved overseas.  I’ve actually lost touch with him, but renew the tickets every year.  If they require ID, that’s gonna be a problem, since I’m not him.

I asked the ticket office this year if there was any way to get them under my name (since I haven’t talked to him since 2014 and pay for them every year) and was told no.  He would have to contact the ticket office directly and request that change.  At this point, I would have absolutely no idea even where to find him.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I wonder if I can get a cardboard cutout of myself put in my seats for the games that I can’t attend like some of the baseball teams are doing.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

I wonder if I can get a cardboard cutout of myself put in my seats for the games that I can’t attend like some of the baseball teams are doing.

That’s actually a good idea. Why not just install a GoPro on each cardboard cutout with a personalized stream from said camera that is only accessible by the season ticket holder? That way, you would have the view of watching the game from said seat without actually having to be physically present. You could even it stream it to your smart tv, phone, or streaming device, giving you the ability to essentially attend the game regardless of bad weather, illness, pandemic, or anything else. Plus they could make each camera waterproof, which would eliminate bad weather from affecting game attendance. Wouldn’t that be cool? Why can’t they do that?

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

If I’m not going to be there, I don’t want the view from the seats. If I’m going to be watching at home anyway, I’d rather just get the close up views from the TV networks.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
            Ute Fan
            @mcastleton928

In that case, my season tickets had better be refunded. I’m not paying them all that money to not get anything for it

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I don’t know that I’d agree the fall season is “highly probable”.  Michigan State just shut down all football activities for 14 days and have told everyone in the program to quarantine.

What happens when this same thing happens mid-season?

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

That is the billion [with a b] dollar question.  That number is why I think they are pushing so hard to play in the fall and it will ultimately happen.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Ncaa might have something to say first. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

That tail only wags the dog when it is allowed.  The P5 commissioners will decide what happens here not the clown in Indianapolis.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

NCAA doesn’t want a say in this. They want to make money and want the conferences and schools to hold the liability for such.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Fans in the Stands