Guess the msg got back to University Facilities?

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Saw this and am not sure if they’re fixing the “pink” seats in the stadium? But maybe the word finally broke through and they don’t want to roll everything out for the new and improved RES without addressing the pink seats as well?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

seems like a pretty daunting task for 3 guys to get done in two weeks. i wonder how many seats they can do in an hour?

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Maybe this is how they are doing it?: How Stadium Seats Are Restored

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Useless info of the day. 180 seats an hour but if you think about it there are only about 16K chair back seats in the stadium. Most of the seating is bleacher seating so it should only take them 80-100 hours to complete.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I feel like I’m special then.  One of only 16K. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Video with a Harrier jet hovering over these chairs would be pretty cool to see

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I live less than a mile SE of the stadium;  perhaps this activity accounts for the strange smell of burning plastic in my neighborhood lately 🙂 

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Update and more background in the salt lake tribune today.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2021/08/30/rice-eccles-stadiums-pink/

I took a close look and some pictures on a couple different seats during the open house. I didn’t know that they were using a blow torch at the time. I couldn’t tell. Random sticker residue on the back of a couple of seats were there. And the little mold seams on the edges from the injection molding seem unaffected. So I though they were using a chemical. Nope. Propane. As in that video forwarded by a bunch of donors and fans. Would have been $1M+ to replace the pink seats.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Guess the msg got back to University Facilities?