Hampton Transferring

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahManPodcast
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanpodcast

WR Tyquez Hampton is transferring to be closer to home. Not sure how much playing time we was going to get this year on the offense but with the offense Taylor wants to run you can never have enough talented WRs. Hope everything works out for him.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We’ve seen some of our squads decimated by injuries over the last few years. Sucks that he’s going. One or two injuries and boom.  

3 13

Anonymous
      Inactive

The price you pay for revolving door OC.

10 1

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

This comment might have some merit if Taylor had moved on, but he didn’t.

2 11

Anonymous
          Inactive

One year is too short of a window. We changed OCs every year for a decade. That takes a toll. Last year Taylor didn’t have a class of his guys and had to work with what he had. This year is different. I bet that these two WR transfers have a lot to do with PT, with younger guys getting the time.

But go ahead with your negs you f**king pinheads.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Wasn’t in the mix for playing time…struggled to pick up the offense and struggled to gel here for whatever reason.  Plenty of talent but writing on the wall…hopefully he can figure it out wherever he ends up.  Hasn’t been around for anything since school let out.  Everyone knew something was up.

Mariner, Boyd, Thompson, Simpkins, Nacua, Covey, Enis, Perriman, Dixon, Field all see the field before Tyquez.  

It’s a loss but the impact is minimal.  

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Nailed it. Hampton is an outside guy.

Mariner, Thompson, Boyd, Simpkins, Enis are all ahead of him. Also, Utah put the TE’s outside a lot in spring ball.

That means out of two possible spots to play in, he is the 8th option. It is what it is. We actually have some talent at WR.

4 5

Anonymous
              Inactive

Exactly, precisely, my point.

The cement heads can’t hear it though.

1 5

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Your point has to be positive spin on past failings though not factual. 

noneyadb
                  Ute Fan
                  @noneyadb

It’s called the Sloan effect…

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

The lack of identify offensively has basically resulted in a lot of wasted scholarships and lack of development at the Qb position.  

It is minimal impact now but has been a compounded issue for awhile. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Thanks for the info. Feel better now.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

When we brought in Norm Chow, Utah dropped spread for power run and passing and retooled the offense and recruiting changed to match it. Clearly, Chow’s early departure hurt and while Brian struggled with what he had, he’s showing in the SEC that he could be the right call but too early esp with pieces left. The WR group seemed to have an attitude issue, how else explain so many drops across the board? Protection was tough and Wynn’s retirement threw Travis in too early. He was a warrior considering everything he suffered those early years. Chritensen seemed to have trouble staying out of trouble and Rod couldn’t get it all fixed. Jason Thompson and Harding were good adds though. JT found a way to the league and Harding is doing great work. It was hard to see us struggle in 2014 and 2015 with those great defenses. What could have been… With another year, I think TTaylor sees a solid forward step this year. It’s crazy to think this is the first time in nearly a decade our players are using the same playbook, names, blocking and reads as the year before.

While we clearly have issues on O, I don’t think it’s that easy to just say it’s Whitt’s fault for not waving a wand and having it get better. Both sides take time to solidify esp. on O I think. It was an oddysey on O but big hopes for this year. If we can match on O what we’ll have on D we should be really competitive.

Hoping Huntley stays healthy. If everyone does, it’s not that delusional to say we’ll play on New Year’s and pull in another good class. Isn’t that the best we should expect–two good years, two retooling years and two good years? I don’t think we can retool and stay at peak year in and year out. I don’t know if we could make a playoff unless undefeated; but two strong years and we could contend for a berth. The committee clearly picks on program brand. A BIG if but with back to back Cs, who would be more deserving? Personally, I think 10 wins and a decent bowl this year.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

We had the same Co-OCs in ‘15 & ‘16 so this isn’t the first time in a decade that we will have the same offense from one year to the next.

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

True, Roderick, right?

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Right, he and Harding. 

3 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I still like Chow’s offense the best. TT’s is looking good I don’t like the way the running game is integrated.  It seems to not mesh with  blocking schemes so far. 

3 3

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

I see Taylor and the offense struggling this year. Defensive coordinators have a better idea of his play style and know what the offense will be able to do without a go-to receiver like Carrington by week 3. Defenses will send pressure and the o-line has struggled for years to pick up the delayed blitzes. Harding and possibly Powell will be on the hot seat.

1 3

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I’m afraid you are right. 

Grayshirt
          Ute Fan
          @grayshirt

I don’t really see that happening.  I recall Taylor talking about his offensive philosophy being likened to jazz musicians playing improvisational music.  The idea is to make the offense unpredictable.  So, it’s high risk – high reward and the more time under this offense, the better the players get with the execution.

1 1

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

The offensive line having scouting reports of inconsistent pass blocking technique from starting seniors is not instilling a ton of promise.
            Taylor’s offense might be great one day, but the position coaching needs to get better.
            The offensive line has been ranked at the bottom in several categories every year under Harding. Before everybody jumps on and says “Harding is tremendous, he puts guys into the NFL, and was interviewed for an NFL job…” it was the Browns that interviewed him…

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

My negative nelly is more obvious, Huntley’s style of play won’t keep him healthy. 

Greatest attribute of an exceptional Qb is knowing when to play for the next down or when risk outweighs the reward. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hampton Transferring