Happy Rudy Gobert Day…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Rudy Gobert Tests Positive for COVID-19

We had no idea what we were getting into…

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Unsure if it’s possible to roll my eyes back in my head more than they are right now?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’ve been working from home for 1 year now. :/

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Me too. 

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

The amount of available office space right now is astounding.  Every office in St. George has a NAI Space Available sign.  People and companies have figured out how efficient it is to let their staff work from home.  Me, I HAVE to get out of the house and go to my office or I’d go crazy.  I want separation between work and home…

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

There are definitely advantages and disadvantages of both. I’ve gotten used to working at home and will probably stay here. That way the wife can hit the gym or run errands and leave my boy here.  I save 20+ hours a month by not driving to work, not to mention wear and tear and fuel/car expense. I probably work more hours per day at home than I did at the office. 

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

I’ll stay if they let me. Unfortunately, our Dean is a self-professed butts-in-seats person. To be honest, I’m gonna have to have a joint replacement surgery before I go back, because with my commute being going into the next room, I’ve been procrastinating on it, and going back now would probably be too much for me physically. Thanks Osteoarthritis. :/ Getting old suuuuuuuucks.

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

Actually there’s not as big of a glut in office space as you might think. My wife and I both work in that portion of the real estate industry. Yes I agree some tenants are not occupying their space at full capacity right now, but we’re doing large scale transactions on a consistent basis. Some big deals in SLC that got shelved last March have come alive again. St George is a different market, but it has never been a strong office market. Their retail sector is hit and miss, but most restaurants and certain key retailers are kicking ass. Everyone is moving there unfortunately.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Me too, got thrown out of our offices quite early in the game.  Was peeved at first at how they handled it; Dean and University went into a tizzy early when our state’s numbers were miniscule.   Anyway, since then have settled into work from home with Zoom and other remote meetings.   I am an introvert, primarily, but even I miss the face-to-face of the office and the collaboration we have with our Federal operational counterparts (I am in academic research, work in a building with Federal and University offices colocated).   I suspect we’ll all be back in the office by September, but even I will be more liberal about work from home.  Even though I can do quite a bit of work at home (and often did on weekends and evenings), I always felt it looked bad to do it during normal M-F working hours.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Happy Rudy Gobert Day…