Heisman candidates?

Viewing 7 reply threads

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

People are picking Utah to be competing for the South this year, if so Utah will likely need to have atleast one player being mentioned for the Heisman trophy. Who’s your candidate?

Huntley- If Utah is going to be competing for the South and PAC 12 title he needs to have a stellar season.

Moss- obvious, physical tools to run over defenders, just needs the ball.

Covey- electric with the ball, has the ability to rack up an insane # of all purpose yards.

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Me.

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Moss hands down. Like you said just needs the ball more. 

8 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I wasn’t aware that a team competing for the south would likely have at least one heisman candidate.  

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

With a North schedule vs Oregon, Washington, and Stanford they can’t lose all three and expect to be competing for the South… If they go best case scenario 3-0, or 2-1 vs the North they’ll be in the national rankings. Hence they’ll likely have or need somebody mentioned as a Heisman candidate to be successful against their schedule… 2016 Joe Williams was mentioned after UCLA game. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I would say if they are 3-0 there is a mighty good reason for it and it would be someone having a special season. Agree 100%. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is Utah Football so it has to be Moss.  Utah will win the South if Moss has a Heisman year.  

4 1

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

I don’t know if anyone on Utah’s roster can compete with the 7 Heisman trophy candidates at the school down south.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I heard that Tanner Magnum has this one locked-up.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’ll go great with their September National Championship.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

What is he like 32 now or something?  He can’t even lock down the starting role. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

You’re right, they actually said Heimlich.  Due to his dentures he has to cut up his food into small pieces and sometimes chokes.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Fwiw, I looked it up. Only about 17 heisman winners were on a championship team.

As far as who I want mentioned most, that’s Huntley. If he is in the conversation we are averaging 45 points.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

The realist in me says that even if we do have someone with a special season, they will be overlooked and rarely mentioned because of a few things: East Coast bias, late game kickoffs, and the poor performance of the PAC-12 against other P5 conferences (see last year’s bowl games).

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Heisman candidates?