Here’s a question for those PAC-12 savants…

Viewing 2 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Let’s say that USC plays Utah in the PAC-12 CCG, beats them, and somehow gets a spot in the CFP, would Utah get a Rose Bowl bid automatically, or could the Rose Bowl bypass Utah for another team? I could be wrong, but I think that, in a situation like that, the Rose Bowl could have its pick of representatives (possibly the Ducks or UW).

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

They say that they would normally take the next highest rated team from the conference.

Given that the only way to have USC Utah in the CCG requires Utah beating Oregon, I’d imagine Utah would stay ranked ahead of Oregon (and also Washington, who hasn’t gotten much love from the committee)

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

“They say that they would normally take the next highest-rated team from the conference.”

But they do have the option of selecting a team of their choice? Is that not correct? By the way, love the way UCLA is playing so far. They’ve done a good job to slow down USC.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Yes, they have the option. USC got the Rose Bowl in 2016 over Colorado who lost the CCG to Washington.

Here’s a hypothetical for people who like to play that game: 10-2 North Carolina beats 11-1 Clemson in the ACC CCG, Ohio State/Michigan winner wins the Big 10 CCG, 10-2 Utah beats 11-1 SC in the CCG, Georgia/TCU in out. Who ya got for #4? Past committee invites would say 1 loss loser of Ohio State/Michigan, but there’s a chance.

Let me throw one more wrench in the plan: 10-2 LSU beats Georgia in the CCG.,,

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

No guarantee the runner-up makes the Rose Bowl. See 2016 when the then #9 Colorado lost to Washington in P12 CCG. UW went to CFP, but 10-3 Colorado went to Alamo. Rose Bowl picked 10-3 USC.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s what I thought…it should be purely a “dollars and cents” decision for them, I would think…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here’s a question for those PAC-12 savants…