Hunter Erickson

Viewing 8 reply threads
      2 12

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Transfers from TSPP to Utes. Rarely played in 2 years for them. Shot 50% from three. 

We have been relegated to taking tspp’s leftovers to fill our needs. Awesome. That should be enough to complete in the Pac12.

Dr. Hill screwed the program over real good with that terrible LK contract.

unless one of you has a child that is a basketball prodigy we are screwed.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Even though “we are screwed,” these people you mention are Utah student athletes. I support their efforts and encourage their continued growth, both athletic and intellectual.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Shot 50% from three.

I fail to see the problem. He hurts a poor-shooting team…how?

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Who said he hurts the team? We needed better shooting, and TSPP’s leftovers were the best we could do. For Erickson it was pretty much a toss up whether to play for the Utes or SLCC.

I didn’t say he won’t make us better (or will make us better). I didn’t say it was wrong to sign him. I’m just saying players like him are not going to help us compete in the Pac12. Do we have any other choice? No we do not. Players that can play well don’t want to play for the Utes anymore.

Like I said a while back, If Smith wants this team to do anything remotely positive he better be spending as much time as possible overseas looking for diamonds in the rough. Get them to commit before they realize they have other options.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

I didn’t say it was wrong to sign him. I’m just saying players like him are not going to help us compete in the Pac12.

These two sentences back to back are confusing to me. If it isn’t wrong to sign him, then by definition it is right to sign him. But if he’s not going to help us compete in the PAC12, then why is it right to sign him? It has to be one or the other – which is it?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians?

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I really hate Utah “fans” sometimes.  We’ve had the coach for a year now. With recruiting and setting up your system, you should AT LEAST give him two to see what he can do.  PLUS, look at what Hardy and the Jazz are doing.  NO ONE on that team is a big name and yet they are winning.  These are kids, that sometimes frustrate even the best of us, but they are still just kids.  

I’m giving him one more year, maybe two before I pull out the hanging rope.  

2 3

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Oh boy… you guys are really struggling with the whole reading thing today, aren’t you. I didn’t say a single negative thing about Smith. I think he is clearly a better coach than LK… it’s not his fault the program was ran into the ground by the previous coach.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

“Oh boy… you guys are really struggling with the whole reading thing today, aren’t you.”

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Smith has three years before there’s any question at all of revisiting his hire. Sticking with Coach K for such a long time really put Utah behind the eight-ball.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Need more information to evaluate. Is this a chance to occupy the unused scholarship for a year? Does this round out the scout team given a 8 or 9 man rotation? There are others ahead of him at SG and Wing. Will he occupy a spot that could be used in next years recruiting?

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

This is clearly a Burgess pick up. Erickson is a decent athlete but he’ll have one job and one job only and that is make 40%+ from 3. If he can do that he’ll have a place in the rotation if not he’s a end of the bench guy.

Fred
      Ute Fan
      @fredflintsone

Has it been confirmed that Erickson is on scholarship or is he a walk-on, ala Baxter.

BTW…NAIA no longer has divisions. That was eliminated a couple of year’s ago.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.