Hype train 2020 reasons? Pros and cons

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oline that returns a lot of reps. Oline that was absolutely embarassed in two losses. 

Some talent returning/transfers at the QB. Some absolutely UNKNOWN talent at the QB spot. 

Lloyd is an absolute beast at the linebacker and he is only a sophomore. Utah only returns three starters* on the defense. **Utahs dline has starters but backups that play damn near the same amount of snaps** Lund is kind of a starter in the 4-3 base defense.

Kicking game has got to improve with Redding and Lennon. Redding and Lennon need a lot of work to actually improve to what we are used to.

Utah gets USC and Petersonless Washington at home.  USC just might be a one loss or two loss squad next season.  Washington is a year older on a young talented program. 

Oregon loses Herbert and Utah doesn’t play them regular season. Oregon has a future number one pick for two more seasons on the dline now.

Kuithe and Covey is going to be fun too watch. Utah has to replace the attention Moss garnered.

Just a few of the things I think about now that the season is over. I think Utah exceeds expectations with a 9 win season. Anything less than 7 and I would be disappointed. Utah replaces a lot in the backfield.  

1 5

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

7 wins depending on how schedule works out. 5 straight road games is going to be brutal.

South- USC, ASU, UCLA, Utah, Col, UA.

North- Oregon, UW, Cal, OSU, Wazzu, Stanford.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Schedule isn’t out yet. We won’t have 5 straight road games.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I know that. Opponents are set already though. Utah will be 3-0 and the moron Larry Scott will probably have Utah play USC early again.

Edit: this is probably a reply to an ignored user.

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

It was a reply to noneyadb…

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I’d almost guarantee Utah plays sc early. No way they’re going to play the Utes in Salt Lake in November. Will not happen.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Makes no sense from a business intrigue standpoint. Just imagine if Utah was playing for the South late against USC?? Intrigueing late games in the PAC?  No thank you….

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Schedule isn’t out. When the schedule does come out it will determine how the year will go. The ONLY area I’m concerned with is the secondary. The o-line which was not good this year should be better with another year of strength, scheme plus I think BAM is the real deal. The dude is a physical freak. With a full year to get strong and learn the system I believe he will be a beast.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

How did BAM look in his limited playing time this year?  Oline is a strange/technical position to master. The combination of freak athleticism and technical smarts is really hard to find….

They’res a reason why these guys make the big bucks in the NFL

1 1

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Bam is like “Chopper” from the movie Stand by Me.  He is the most feared and least seen dog in the county.  I heard stories about a Rottwieler for months and in the UW game I got a yellow lab.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He has a lot of work to get done just on footwork alone. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I expect Utah to go 3-0 OOC (BYU, Montana St, @ Wyoming). BYU will be more challenging this year, I expect a closer game.

@ ASU loss
      @ Cal 50/50
      @ Colorado – expecting a win
      @ UCLA 50/50
      Arizona – win
      Oregon St – win
      USC – 50/50
      UW 50/50
      @ WSU 50/50

If we split half of the 50/50 games that’s around an 8-4 record

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I expect Wyoming to be more challenging than they so poo poo.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

@ ASU loss
      @ Cal Win
      @ Colorado – win, losing basically all of their production on offense and they weren’t good with that production.
      @ UCLA win
      Arizona – win
      Oregon St – win
      USC – 50/50 because it’s at home, but I’m leaning toward predicting a loss here
      UW 50/50 because what their team will look like is a complete unknown
      @ WSU 50/50 because it’s WSU and they could get some QB from nowhere to perform like a heisman candidate.

I would be content with 7 wins… really happy with anything above that. If we can beat one of either ASU or USC, I think we have a legit shot at the south.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hype train 2020 reasons? Pros and cons