I am honestly quite tired of the local media

Viewing 6 reply threads
      13 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

reviewing all of the possible scenarios on how Utah can get into the CFP.  It is about the only thing they talk and write about.  I am sure they all think that is what the public wants to hear, but not me.  I just want to win this Saturday, move on to the championship game and beat the ducks.  Nothing else matters right now to me.

We are playing a team with a senior QB and an all American wide receiver.  Let’s talk about that and how well our defense is playing or that TH is an amazing QB.  The CFP talk is all premature IMO and we cannot control anything outside what we do on the field.

Go Utes!!!

8 2

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

The way Utah has been playing the game conclusion is all but done and delivered. Boring to talk about Utah winning by 30+ points again. But how often do you get to talk about a legitimate shot at the CFP?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Like this:

Or this:

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Coach Shah is a fantastic coach. You can see a lot of why he gets excellent recruits and develops players! Great interview.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

The media certainly seems to be targeting that story, but from the interviews with Kyle Whittingham directly, it would appear that he and the team are focusing only on what’s right there in front of them:  Colorado.  

Personally, I too am only focused on us beating CU, because a loss in that game costs us more than a CFP bid.  It costs us an outright South division title.  It costs us a CCG appearance.  It’ll ensure that we don’t win the Pac-12.  And not only will it ensure that we don’t get a NY6 bowl, we can pretty much “Forget the Alamo” too.

CU beat UWa.  I don’t care that the won in Boulder.  They beat ’em.  And that’s enough for me.  They’d earned my respect.

GO UTES!!!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

“forget the Alamo.” Well played.

salty-ute
      Ute Fan
      @salty-ute

I agree 100%. I hate all the playoff talk, it’s repetitive and tiring! There’s still so much football to be played nationally. I’m really excited for the CU game, how will the Shenault v Johnson matchup play out? What about the Moss v CU defense that allowed fewer than 40 rush yards last week? Once we finish relishing in back-to-back division titles and an 11 win season, then we can be excited about beating Oregon for our first EVER PAC championship. After that, we can talk about bowl games and CFP. I’m just stoked for senior day and the chance to beat Oregon in the championship!

12 2

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

What? Really? What kind of insanity is that? You think Ohio State, Bama, Oklahoma, etc get tired of playoff talk? The one time Utah is in the conversation and has a legitimate chance and many of you are negative nancies and don’t like it. It makes no sense. I swear Utah fans are as annoyingly pessimistic as BYU fans are annoyingly optimistic.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

The thing that I find tiring is the going over the possible scenarios (over and over and over again).  It is fun to be in the playoff conversation and I watched the ESPN CFP show last night.  But, how many times can we talk about Georgia losing to LSU, Alabama losing to Auburn, OK losing this weekend, etc.  I think we all know what has to happen, but no one knows how the committee will vote.  I don’t want to waste any energy worrying about Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Minnesota, etc.

I am not pessimistic about our future, in fact I am quite optimistic.  This team is very special!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m just glad they’re covering Utah at all. Better than reading endless stories about BYU-Provo’s next All-American QB in waiting…

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

This is true and I am sure BYU fans are annoyed that no one is talking about their big game with SDSU this weekend.

AirForceUte
      Ute Fan
      @cdoughboy2000

Living out of state I personally love all the talk about Utah because none of it is coming from Homers. I turn on the national pundits every time I’m in the car to see what they have to say. I was very impressed a lot of preseason pills had Utah in the mix. I think Utah got plenty of attention preseason. I heard a guest on Golic and Wingo talking about how sick he is of the SEC. He wants to get Utah in there with OSU LSU and Clemson, shake it up a bit and see what happens.

I like our chances right now. If this was computer systems of BCS Era there is no way we go to playoff… This committee thing is intriguing but it sounds like coaches and players are focused. This is a special group.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am honestly quite tired of the local media