I feel bad for Anthony Davis

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

When an athlete suffers a serious injury – I feel bad.  This is his life.  I hope he has a complete recovery.

BUT – I do not feel bad for Lebron James.  He has manufactured elite teams everywhere he goes.  I hate it when players gather together their elite athletic buddies to create championship teams.  I know that LBJ is one of the greatest if not the greatest of all time.  But, why does he have to create elite teams?  If he does it without Davis, good for him.

One thing I love about the Jazz is that they have such a well-rounded team.  Mitchell had an off night last night and Conley was out – so Clarkson and Ingles stepped up.  The Jazz have balance.  The one guy the Jazz cannot afford to lose IMO is Gobert.  Without his presence in the middle – the Jazz would struggle on defense.

Go Utes!!! 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Couldn’t agree more. That’s the main thing that has turned me off to the NBA. The players pretty much build their teams and the rest of the league isnt very competitive. With the Jazz doing so well, it has re-sparked my interest however.

You’re right about Gobert. I know this might be blasphemous to say, but he might be the Jazz’s MVP.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I feel the same way. The NBA seems to have far less parity and it stinks. But the Jazz doing so well has also re-sparked my interest this season.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Parity was horrible. For a while there you could bet at the beginning of the season it would be either Golden State or whoever Lebron was playing for and you would be right. Made the rest of the season seem pointless.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

You could certainly say this about most D-I NCAA sports. That doesn’t stop me from following our Utes season after season. The University of Utah alumnae/i family is a strong one, folks. Go, Utes!

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

You’re right as far as the NCG goes for NCAA football. But there are bowl games at the end of the season to make the rest of the season have purpose. Also, people are getting tired of it always being the same three teams every year, which is why I think we’ll get an expanded CFP. As far as NCAA basketball goes, March Madness is one of the most fun sporting events every year. Even if a powerhouse team wins it, there are always interesting story lines to go along with it. In the NBA, that rarely, if ever happens.

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I understand what you’re saying.

utefansince79
                  Ute Fan
                  @utefansince79

A lot of us old time Jazz fans have followed them since they came from New Orleans along with what for Salt Lake is an improbable nickname (anyone remember the initial season when they had the Dixie style band walk around the concourse, this was before they had the college style pep band on the west end of the Salt Palace).

For us the playoff runs to the finals in the 90s where we ran into a Bulls team where Air Jordan ended up with too many rings to fit onto a single hand were great fun but ended in heartbreaking style.  

I know everyone cheers for various teams for their own reasons but getting that elusive title would mean a lot more to Utah Jazz fans than yet another title for the Lakers (another team with an improbable nickname) would mean for their fans.

Brettski
                    Ute Fan
                    @brettski

I became so jaded on the nba after those Jazz/Bulls series. I was in high school for those and Stockton and Malone and crew were loved by the entire state. My apathy to the nba was partly due to disappointment and partly NBA WWF predictability. Now I don’t even know where to watch Jazz games even if I knew when they were playing.

This team seems good enough that I may choose to tune in though even if I think they won’t get a fair shot

Utesbyfive
                      Ute Fan
                      @utesbyfive

I stopped watching the NBA after 98. It was at that point that I realized it was a superstars league and the officiating was heavily biased towards those superstars. I expect if the Jazz make it to the West finals vs the Lakers, they’ll make sure that LeBron wins. 

Anybody remember the Tim Donaghy book? I 100% believe that story.

Central Coast Ute
                        Ute Fan
                        @flip2848

I’m in the same boat as you two. Loved the Jazz in high school in the 90s and stopped watching after that. As far as the officiating goes, they definitely cheat. Jordan pushed Russell and didn’t get called for it. It’s not debatable.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA I feel bad for Anthony Davis