I get that Russell Westbrook comes off as an arrogant …

Viewing 4 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

SOB.  He’s clearly got issues.  Apparently, he got into a verbal altercation with Jazz fans last night after someone told him “to get on his knees, like your;e used to” (paraphrasing).  And then Westbrook responded with, “I’ll f**k you up, you and you’re wife”  or something to that affect.

I love the passion of sports fans in this state, but really?  Come on.  That’s uncalled for.   I recognize Westbrook is a punk, but he doesn’t deserve verbal abuse like that, at that level.  I don’t care how much you paid for your seats, that’s over the top. 

https://www.ksl.com/article/46509105/russell-westbrook-has-heated-exchange-with-jazz-fans-during-mondays-game

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Apparently this same fan has been basically stalking WR on social media, calling him all kinds of racial stuff. At least, he was before he deleted his social media accounts like the wuss he is.

If the jazz don’t give this guy a lifetime ban, I think the jazz players and fans need to hold the organization accountable.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

The only posts I have seen from that guy about Russ were after the playoffs happened calling him a piece of s**t.

That said, fan has issues and shouldn’t go to games unless he can control himself. Russ needs to calm right the hell down though. This an instance where no one was objectively right but wherein one person, the fan, was clearly more wrong.

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

The other tweet making the rounds was something to the effect that Westbrook should go back where he came from and ended with the classic MAGA hashtag. I also saw a supposed screen shot of his Twitter profile with a racist tweet on it, but it looked fishy. Showed he joined Twitter in August of 2018 when the tweet about Westbrook during the playoffs happened in April 2018. Everything could be legit, but if we’ve learned anything from the Jussie Smollett incident it’s that we should probably verify these things before jumping to our conclusions. If something is conveniently racist and MAGA is attached, I’m at least questioning it.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

He also tweeted “come at me, n****r boy”.

Sorry but this stuff is indefensible. I can’t believe how many Jazz fans are defending him simply because they don’t like WR.
            Regarding WR’s role in this: If I were getting called n****r boy, I’d threaten him, his wife, his mom, and everyone else in his family and feel just fine about it.

1 1

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Now that…that is new to me. F**k that guy then. Russ was clearly in the right.

Staples
              Ute Fan
              @staples

That’s the profile screenshot I mentioned and the one I question – if it’s legit then yeah, that pretty much confirms Westbrook’s side of the story. But it’s odd that the Twitter join date is later than his tweet about Westbrook in the playoffs. In the era of Russian bots I just don’t trust screenshots at face value, too easy to manipulate. Last night somebody had already created a copy of the guy’s Twitter account (add one letter to the handle and no one’s the wiser) and was posting more stuff, which of course people were retweeting as gospel.

All that being said, if he said what RW is claiming then there is no defense for it. It’s either racist or homophobic depending on your interpretation (my initial reaction was it was a sexual innuendo, not racial, but then again I’m white and not black so my view point would obviously be different there.) In either case, no place for it anywhere and I don’t blame Westbrook for snapping.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I think there is some misinformation out there about what was really said. I thought the fan said he never said what RW said he did and that what he said was he needs to sit down and ice his knees, or something to that effect. I think some additional investigation is needed before it is known what was really said.

If the fan did say what RW said he did, then yes, he shouldn’t be getting that personal and RW has reason to be upset. However, RW is a professional, gets paid millions of dollars and I’m sure Utah isn’t the only place he hears it from the fans. My issue is more with RW’s response in getting the fans wife involved and threatening her. That is also uncalled for. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I will believe the Jazz Franchise’s findings over anything that is initially in the media. The internet is already doxing that guy.

That being said RW is a dick. I believe threatening physical violence rises to another level for me. It is totally uncalled for no matter the arena or place. Smacking phones away like he did last year is uncalled for. It is illegal. As much as the SJW want to make what you say illegal there are things that rises to against the law already. Smacking phones or threatening violence is wrong. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

fan gets lifetime ban.  Good!

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Guess that answers that question. Obviously they found enough to discount the fan’s argument that “I thought Russ and I were just talking, being chill.”

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Westbrook fined 25k. I would say the fan won but he is getting doxed so meh. 

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

No surprise there, as bad as the comment was, can’t have players threatening to “eff up” the fan’s wife/girlfriend.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The fan is suing Westbrook to.  

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Having worked with Shane , he comes off like an arrogant prick .. knowing his personality and the little I know of Westbrook’s this was a recipe for a disaster regardless.. the damage he cause for our state and community really p**ses me off .. totally unacceptable behavior

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

Dude came across as a major POS.  It is bad enough that he is also a Utes fan.

Tednab
              Ute Fan
              @tednab

He’s not he’s a BYU fan

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Pretty sure I’ve seen pics of him like Ute stuff on social media and wear Ute staff

Tednab
                  Ute Fan
                  @tednab

Then he changed sides or roots for both .. his cousin was form DE Brett Keisel who played at BYU

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA I get that Russell Westbrook comes off as an arrogant …