I have had this team pegged about as well as any team in recent memory

Viewing 5 reply threads
      8 1

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

My thoughts on the defense are well documented. The caveat I gave, is that they are very young and that means they can improve. Since the 2nd half of the USC game, we have seen a much better defense. We find out tonight whether that is just a factor of playing limited offenses or not. 

Big one today. Strangely zen about this one. These games are what its all about. LETS F**KING GO.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I’m also less nervous than usual, but mostly because of the Nix situation. This game has the feel of 2019 game @ Washington (BTW this was our last conf win against a >0.5 team on the road). Good opponent limited by okay QB (Jacob Eason then, Ty Thompson today assuming Nix doesn’t play), hostile environment, practically a must-win to stay in the P12 race. We struggled a bit but got it done.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

You’re ALWAYS nervous…..It’s your nature.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Haha you’re absolutely right, DT!

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

This kind of got me pumped for some reason.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

hahaha hell yeah!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Last years Oline needed some growing. This year it was Scalley making this Defense grow up. Masterful coaching for sure. I think 2021 was the best season of coaching I have seen. Especially with off field tragedy. This year was 22% better for sure. 

Easy win!  Go Utes!

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Not sure why you keep saying ‘easy win’;  I doubt there is anything ‘easy’ about it. However, here’s to hoping for an easy win! 🙂

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Just parked my rental car by Autzen and walked over to downtown. Eugene is a pretty cool town. Beautiful, clear day so far! Feels like a victory to me today!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

You should rent a bike and explore.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

I have been walking the city (did downtown last night and then walked from Autzen on the greenbt over the Willamette into town today). I live in Boise now, and this place gives a similar vibe but seems a lot more welcoming (I have a trans kid, and Idaho keeps threatening to make life hell for her and classify my wife and myself as fellons for following medical standard of care, so Eugene is on my shortlist of places to move now).

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Oregon has its issues for sure. But it’s a dope place to live. We loved it and will probably head back after we retire (we are outside of Seattle now and love it as well). 

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

You won’t go wrong by moving there. I lived there in the late 90s, early 00s. Loved it, but I’m a dirty hippie, so take it with a grain of salt. Check out Sam Bond’s Garage in the Whiteaker tonite. Lovely locals place.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

LB play is still a weak spot on the defense especially against the run against more athletic teams. KR has a total of seven solo tackles in the past three games. Diabate has the talent but is inconsistent and undersized, Barton’s continued improvement has been a bright spot. Scalley moving Vaki and Bishop up on the line has helped. Kind of a head scratcher since there was a lot of pre-season hype about the talent and depth at LB. My guess is UO is going to go try and run heavy between the tackles behind their stout Oline, especially if Nix is out. 

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

We’ll sellout against the run…..I trust Coach MS.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I have had this team pegged about as well as any team in recent memory