I remember in the 60s and 70s when we were a basketball school

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

and we were anxious for the basketball season to start so we could start winning and get some national recognition.

Times have changed.

Forget about tonight and think about Saturday night and the following two weeks.  We are a football school now.

Go Utes!!!

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and the 90’s Basketball school!

NOW football. Get it done the next three weeks!

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I’d argue that we were ALSO a football school during the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, early 70’s and 90’s as well.  No need to assume we cannot and should not be both.  We just need the basketball program to start pulling it’s weight.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

PAC12 has for the most part had a good pre-season with more quality wins than bad losses, but last night was rough.

Cal lost to Duke by 35, Wazzou lost at home to something called Nebraska Obama, then UCLA lost to Hofstra in Pauley Pavalion.

Utah’s youth and inexperience showed yesterday.   This team will have nights where they go out and have fun and are entertaining, but will also have nights like last night.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I remember in the 60s and 70s when we were a basketball school