I see that USU is favored.

Viewing 8 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

All online books show USU at about a 1.5 point favorite against BYU. I would love to see USU beat BYU, but I just don’t see it happening. BYU is bad, but USU might be worse. They got absolutely dumptrucked by Wake Forest. Yeah, they whooped SJSU, but who doesn’t?

Seeing BYU lose to USU will make this BYE week a little more tolerable. Go Aggies!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I think USU should win. Plus at home they will have a good advantage. I’m an Aggie this week.

5 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Don’t get me wrong – I want USU to win tonight. But, I admit that I am feeling bad for Sitake.  Kilani is a good guy in a bad situation.  If he fails at BYU, he may never get a chance to be a head coach again.  There are a few other guys on the coaching staff I feel for too.  Detmer made millions in pro football.  He will just go back to his Texas ranch when he is done.  But, there are some other guys that may have a hard time finding a job if BYU implodes.

That being said – Go Aggies!

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I agree with this sentiment. It has been hard to listen to Kilani in interviews the past 2-3 weeks. I don’t hold any ill will toward him, and as long as byu-p always loses to us, I don’t have a great need to see them lose other games.

I admit though that it has been funny watching the fanbase that was thumping its chest preseason melt down.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I don’t care who is coaching or playing for byu. I want them to lose every game, in every sport, forever. If they had a women’s chess team I’d root against them.  I grew up in the Lavell era when they beat us badly almost every year. I watched them run up the score, throwing bombs in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach with their starters still in, and watched their arrogant, better than me fans thump their superior chests.  If byu lost every game from now until I leave this earth, that would be a good start.

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

This.
            Also, I don’t feel bad for Kalani He chose his fate.

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

I love that BYU is 1-3, and quite possibly on the verge of being 1-6.

I love that BYU is the underdog against a 2-2 Utah State team with a coach on the hot seat.

I love that BYU is resting its hopes tonight on a RB who, through four games this year, has 19 carries for 86 yards.

I love that BYU has only three home games left in this disasterous season, yet still has to play SIX road games.

I love riseandshout.net

I love that BYU can’t sell out its stadium against Utah or Wisconsin.

I love this image:

I love that Bronco and Anae have had a successful preseaon at Virginia and appear to have that program headed in the right direction.

I love that BYU fans refuse to even discuss going back to the MWC, which is where BYU last experienced some measure of success.

I love that BYU has only finished a season ranked once since becoming independent–barely (#25 Coaches, 2011).

I love that “will BYU even have a football program in five years” is a common and divided topic on cougarboard nowdays.

I love how the highly-anticipated Lone Peak All-Star team culminated in a one-and-done in the NIT.  But not before losing to UVU.

I love that Tom Holmoe has somehow managed to escape any blame for all of BYU’s failures and appears will remain in charge down there for years to come.

It seriously warms my heart.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Hell yes! Well said.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Well damn Tony, now that you remind me of all those things, my melting heart has gone ice cold again.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Don’t feel bad. Some people just aren’t cut out for coaching. Coaches fail all of the time, it’s just the nature of this career field.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Sorry, I just don’t understand why people feel bad for Sitake. He CHOSE that job. He knew the risks when he took it – he knew about the fanbase, the honor code, the recruiting issues, the weird athletic director. It’s not like they kidnapped him from his bed and set him to work in their forced labor football camp.

And this notion that he’ll be unemployable when/if the BYU-P football program implodes is totally disingenuous. Any former D1 football coach, no matter how well he did, will forever have opportunities as a coordinator or high school head coach.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I do feel bad for Kilani.  He had hoped to use BYU as a stepping stone.  I like Kilani and his entire family.  I know many in his family well.  Many have been neighbors and friends.  I hope BYU ends football or at the very least – we never have to play them again.  But, all of that being said – I still like Kilani and hope in the end – he lands on his feet.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

Yeah, I get it. But if he wanted to use a G5 program as a stepping stone, why that one? He could have very easily bided his time as a coordinator at Utah or OSU and taken a different G5 HC job. He would’ve been a shoe-in (eventually) to take over at SDSU or Colorado St., either of which you’ve got to think would fast-track him to P5-land.

But no, he had to choose a dead-end job at BYU-P.

Not feeling the least bit sorry for him.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

Everyone on that coaching staff should have known what they might be getting into by working for that team. I’ve very little empathy for anyone that chooses to work there. They fed the hype of the fanbase and there are consequences for their actions
        Most of those guys will end up somewhere.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

Yeah, they whooped SJSU, but who doesn’t?

I’m fairly confident BYU would not, their offense has no pulse against any team they’ve played, USU’s has at least shown up big once.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Would love to see SJSU beat BYU this year!

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

I’m not sure that SJSU could beat Bingham High at this point.  

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

The following quantitive prediction website is run by a TDS alum/fan.  He shows USU with a 60-something percent chance of USU winning by about 3.5 points.

http://gmbassett.nfshost.com/football/col_17wk05pred.html

Sagarin Predictor points have USU at 63.38 vs TDS at 66.02, but with a 2.4 pt home advantage that makes it just about even.  With a rowdy USU crowd the home field advantage might even be greater than 2.4 pts.   I think if USU has some success early it will keep the crowd in it.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

This should be a “good game” which is embarrassing for BYU. Both team’s are in a death spiral in a race to complete collapse of their programs. I would love to see BYU become the little brother to USU and the whooping boy taking a payday to come play Utah.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I don’t put much stock into USU whooping up on San Jose State. In their previous three games (USF, Texas, and Utah), SJSU lost by a combined score of 152-38. The fact they even stepped onto the field against USU is noteworthy in and of itself, and I’m sure their motivation against USU was somewhere between slim and none.

I think BYU probably rolls tonight, but love the fact that even if that happens, it would mean absolutely nothing.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

What from byu’s offense makes you think they are going to roll?

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Nothing in particular, just a hunch. The realization that their entire season hinges on this game against a somewhat lesser opponent will likely make a powerful motivator, I expect.

newute50
      Ute Fan
      @newute50

Utah – BYU “rivalry” record is 60-34, Utah leading with a streak of 7 straight.

Byu – Utah State record is 48-35, byu leading with a streak of 3.
      They see us as rivals, yet don’t acknowledge USU as a rival… how does that zoob logic work?

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

I absolutely love it! When was the last time the Aggies were favored against the tds? 2010? Crossing my fingers that USU plays out of there minds! That they go ‘Charles Jefferson’ all over those clowns. For those of you that doubt, have a little ‘faith’ right!?

GO UTES! 
      …GO AGGIES!
Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo I see that USU is favored.