@dystopiamembrane

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Regardless of how many thumbs down this post gets

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Does Gwen’s political action offend you?

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

she’s got her right, we’ve got ours.  If you respect one, you should respect the others, whether you disagree or agree.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

100% agree with her right to protest peacefully.  A lot of people have died to ensure that right.

I’m just glad that it’s also my right to think she’s an idiot.

3UteDad
      @3utedad

I don’t know all the things she is protesting. It’s possible I may agree with some of them. But it is a crap move to take the spotlight from her fellow competitors who finished ahead of her at the awards podium in their moment of glory.

She should have saved her actions for after in the spirit of sportsmanship and respect for her competitors. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

You’ve all made excellent points  Thank you for voicing your opinions.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

She has the right to do what she wants in that situation. Everyone else has the right to approve or disapprove. In today’s world I think you can find many that would approve even ridiculous and offensive things. The wonderful thing about freedom is the right to express what you respect and what you do not. Just realize that most feel you respect the country about as much as you love the country and that will not be the same for all Americans. Oddly, maybe no one that played a part in what she is unhappy about is there or will ever know her feelings.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Systemic racism is a difficult subject to understand without dedicating significant time to its study.

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics I support Gwen Berry.