I think what I’m most mad about

Viewing 8 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

Is how hyped everyone close to the program made this team out to be. 

whitt, OnlyU (no offense, love your insights), the media, the players, etc. 

literally everyone close to the program was hyping this team up to 2019 levels. And they were all just dead wrong.

This is a bad team, guys. O-line is among the worst in the nation statistically. Defense is ok, but a step back from prior years and unable to make up for offensive ineptitude. Special temas, outside of Covey, is the worst we’ve had in the PAC-12 era. Brewer is a bust  receivers are STILL dropping balls.

it’s just so frustrating and disheartening  I’m never giving in to preseason hype again. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I know many of you must feel this way, and I am compassionate for your plight.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Why should they not? After getting the so called talent from the transfer portal. The hype with Brewer and the RBs from other P5 conferences. You can see why they were in the transfer portal. Why didn’t Bernard start the whole time. We defeat byu if we started Rising and Bernard.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Not Sure why many are signaling out ONLYU. He’s here to give us insight. Whitt looks shocked. If Whitt looks shocked, how should we expect ONLYU to know better. On paper the team looked great and they finished the year strong last year. For some reason it just hasn’t translated.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

No one is blaming OnlyU, misplaced aggression is what is happening here.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Not necessarily trying to point him out alone. Just a broader comment on how dead wrong everyone has been about this team. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Given last year’s performance, I saw the writing on the wall. Although, my 8-4 prediction looks to be a bit too optimistic.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Fool me once, strike one.  But fool me twice, strike three.  

Does Whit really have credibility when it comes to the offense?  

On the defensive side of the ball we need to get over ourselves.  We can’t QB pressure with only 4 down linemen and play man press all the time, against anyone, with any player that comes thru the program.  We aren’t Alabama or Oregon and USC for that matter.  We need to adjust the scheme for the players we have.  

Danilo
        Ute Fan
        @dan7

Agree 100%

1 2

Danilo
      Ute Fan
      @dan7

Great points. I’m not so sure brewer is a bust or that our receivers drop too many balls. How can you get into a rhythm when the QB is running for their life every play?

Side note: I watched jaxon dart step in for usc yesterday. Cool to see. But he O line was fantastic and he’s throwing to some of the best WR in the nation. Plug brewer or rising into that situation and both do much much better. IMO the issue is our offensive coaching, schemes etc

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

based on what evidence?

Plug brewer or rising into that situation and both do much much better.

A true freshman comes in cold, leads his team to a come from behind win and throws for almost 400 yards. And your response is that Utah’s underperforming QB’s could have done it much much better?

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

do not drink the cool-aid with out sugar! it’s sh$%, same thing applies to this Utah team, NO FN! SUGAR!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah’s media support has never been better. The people covering Utah football do a great job. I do think most of the local media have to dance around the hard questions in fear of p**sing off KW and losing access to the team. S These guys at UteZone and local stations making a living supporting the program have to walk a fine line of speaking the truth and crafting language to make sure they keep their sideline field pass and access to the team.
      I get it, don’t have a problem with it because having their coverage is fun to read. At some point though, someone needs to start acknowledging KW is a good coach and through his body of work is showing he has reached his ceiling as the highest paid “good” coach of the P12. 10 years as Utah’s head coach KW has a 45-41 P12 record (not counting OOC games). He’s had plenty of time to set the stage of going to the next level.

The 2019 often gets referenced as one of Utah’s best teams and best seasons ever under KW with blow out losses to Oregon and Texas out scored 75-25 and a loss to a completely dysfunctional USC team lead by Matt Fink. It is very likely KW could end this season with an overall losing record in the P12 as Utah’s HC. I know KW is not going to get fired, only hope he realizes when it’s the right time to pass the torch.

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

The human element of sports gets ignored a lot. Things aren’t robots, and there are a million other things happening, outside of the 3.5 hours we see for 12 weeks.

it is definitely baffling, these games aren’t just simulations though comparing measurables. 

I feel lucky to have watched the dumpster fire that was this program in the 80’s. I feel like I am able to look at the last 2 weeks as vast improvement. The results aren’t ideal, they have provided some awesome moments quite recently though. 

things will get ironed out, one way or another. As a fan, I will watch and cheer just the same. Fans are all bench out of shape, imagine how those in the program feel. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I think what I’m most mad about