If Bo Nix is out, we win.

Viewing 6 reply threads
      4 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

You hate to see a college player get hurt, but I really like our chances if Nix is out. Missing a Heisman worthy player is a huge deficit, and one I don’t think they can overcome.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Any reason to think he’s out? He came back in for the last series and looked fine.

1 2

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

He didn’t look “fine,” also, note that I said “if.” The ankle he hurt was surgically repaired a year ago, and he also appeared to have a concussion. We’ll see how it plays out, but I’m guessing it’s more serious than they let on.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Who is the backup? Might be a 4-5 star player. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Ty Thompson. He is indeed a high 4* player, but he’s very inexperienced.

Kyler Marvin
          Ute Fan
          @youngute

He played in the byu game I think and didn’t look good

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

He’s looked bad in his opportunities this season

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Even if he’s not out, but still banged up. If he can’t run that takes away a lot of his game.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is a very winnable game either way. I haven’t worried about Oregon all year. I actually hope Bo Nix plays so those weiner fans can see Utah dismantle their team again. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Nix for sure has some physical issues. As of Sunday, Lanning said that they were waiting for a more clear evaluation of his physical status. Whatever the case, it’s hard for me to believe that he’s going to be hitting on all cylinders by Saturday. Thompson, his replacement, has not looked good at all this season in his cameos. The folks at “Addicted to Quack” are resigned to a loss if he plays on Saturday instead of Nix. That being said, you never know…who here remembers Utah losing to USC’s 3rd string QB, Matt Fink, at the helm in 2019? All Fink did all game is throw jump balls to Michael Pittman, who came down with 90 percent of them. Theoretically, Thompson could do the same.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Or 2016. In Salt Lake true freshman Herbert hits Carrington with 2 seconds on the clock so that 3-7 Oregon beats 8-2 Utah.

How about 2017? Braxton Burmeister, who was incapable of throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage, plays for an injured Herbert. They run it 49 times for 347 and win 41-20.

Home/Road doesn’t seem to matter between these two teams. And quite frankly, the on-paper underdog is usually who ends up winning. Let Nate Johnson do his Bo Nix impression all week and beat ’em with their best, just like in 2021.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Good points…I had forgotten about that pass by Herbert to Carrington. The moment I read it here, I visualized it in my mind. That was a painful loss. The irony, of course, is that Carrington later got into trouble in Oregon and ended up playing for us in his senior season in 3019. I’m sure you remember what a great season he had for us then, catching 70 balls and almost going for 1000 yards.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

Carrington played for Utah in 2017.

But you do get bonus points for the Kosar/Marino Manperm SI Cover so typo’s don’t count against you.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

I’m getting old and typing on a phone is getting harder. I love that cover and still have the issue. I also must be one of the few people on this earth that went to both Us.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

We beat UO regardless…..TT goes for 100+ & we restrict their chunk plays.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If Bo Nix is out, we win.