Injured players whose draft stock fell, and made teams regret passing on them?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m trying to remember any NFL stars who were passed over in the draft because of an injury.

I know we’ve seen a couple lately, close to home, like Blackmon and Jaylon Johnson,  but I’m talking big big stars. Ohio State fans are saying that their guys will be the first WRs off the boards, and that may be true, but then there are players like Drake London who may fall down the board, who are luminescent talents.

Any memories?

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

The classic example is Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame linebacker.

Basically was seen the way Devin Lloyd is, as a mid first rounder. Got a unanimous first round grade from draft advisory board and then tore his ACL and LCL in the bowl game. Went in the second round and has had decent success but is probably still more known for his injury than for anything else.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have seen London play and he is one amazing receiver.  He has a way of getting open and catches almost everything thrown in his direction.

I know he got injured, but I would take a chance on him.  He seems to be an all-pro talent.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

Frank Gore, for sure. Both in college and the prod, his injuries set him back, but he was amazing and became a probowler. Sure fire first rounder without the injury.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

He just got his @$$ kicked by Darren Williams in the boxing ring too.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Star dropped because of concerns about his heart after he was projected to be Utah’s 2nd #1 overall pick.

Warren Sapp dropped after rumors about a bad marijuana test.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Injured players whose draft stock fell, and made teams regret passing on them?