It seems that some on here did not like Sampson Nacua

Viewing 9 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I liked him and he contributed to our 2018/2019 south championship seasons.  You can’t look at his 2020 stats because he was injured most of the season.  He was not a superstar or our key receiver.  However, he made some big plays in some big games.  I was sorry to see him leave.

The two new receivers we brought in may indeed prove to be better than Sampson.  I hope that is the case, but we don’t know yet.

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

It doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate what Nacua added to the program just because people are excited about these new receivers.  Samson laid it all out there, but his ceiling was lower than these transfer pickups.  I wish Samson would’ve stayed AND we picked up these guys.  

Edit: Name typos

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

It happens, when someone leaves and is replaced, we analize the out and in to determine if we are getting better.  Sampson was very good for us, no doubt.  He exceeded his recruitment expectation.  He has been good for big plays every now and then.  Even being a good WR does not mean the replacements can’t be better.  I would have been fine if he had stayed, but now we look forward and I see the potential for the new WRs to be better than the two that left.  It will be hard to validate among changes to OL, QB, and even RB.  Still this change, among other changes, I expect leaves us as a better team than 2020.

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

No one on this thread really knows his name is “Samson”?

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

nacua was undoubtedly underutilized, that being said, the guys who have replaced him are at least as talented as he is.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I was bummed he left. But his decision wasn’t about football as Poo Poo is going to be very poo poo this season.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I hope Samson plays really well on a really s**tty team

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Samson was a happy go-lucky goofy kid. Hard to dislike him even if he’s related to sucker punch. He had some great plays for us, but he wasn’t amazing. I hope our new guys are better than our old at every position. We have room to improve at WR.

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I thought Samson was awesome. Anyone downplaying his impact just has sour grapes. Was he our best player? No, but he was impactful. His loss sucked, especially because of his family’s legacy. 

HOWEVER, I think the transfers we brought in will more than make up for the loss. 

Had Samson transferred anywhere but BY-so-pooh-pooh I’d be happy for him and wish him nothing but the best. As it stands…well..I just hope he makes zero catches for zero yards on 9/11. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Samson made a lot of good catches for us.  Perhaps a perception of potentially having more chances at pass-happy BYU than at running-oriented Utah influenced him as well as the chance to play with his brother.

Can’t really wish him to fail except when we play against them.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

The area where I really appreciate Nacua was how he developed into a really nice blocker.  This offense cannot win if our WR’s don’t block.  His catches were just butter at that point.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It seems that some on here did not like Sampson Nacua