Just saw the Troy Taylor news.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

First reaction: This sucks for continuity, but that’s about it.

Other than 3 or 4 games this year, Taylor’s offense overall was worse in just about every statistical category than A-Rod and Harding’s offense.

Taylor’s iPhone offense never really materialized in the way we were promised. It turned out to be more of a flip phone which defensive coordinators had little problem figuring out.

His offense was designed to get the ball to playmakers in space, in a variety of ways, to allow them to make plays. That almost never happened. Our WRs were almost always getting hit within a step or two of the ball arriving. Our running game was mostly power running between the tackles. The only time our RBs got into space, it seemed, was if they broke a tackle.

I won’t miss Taylor or his offense. I just hope Whittingham can FINALLY find someone who can give Utah an offense worthy of the defense.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

My trust in your hope as articulared in the last sentense of your post is about nil. I really hate to say that. I want it to be true. Desperately. But I have virtually no hope that KW finally finds someone who can give Utah an offense worthy of its defense. Just don’t. KW will hire someone he knows who has not proven he can do what you hope for, not in a P5 program. If that makes me a dick, I’m a big stiff dick.

1 1

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

That just makes you realistic. If I were betting on it, I would bet against Whittingham finding a good OC.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It will be Harding. I hope he announces it tomorrow. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Why in the world would anyone want Harding to be our OC?

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

He interviewed with the Bengals who started out 5-0. Hahah. It will happen just watch. 

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

I’m already bracing for the announcement. 

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

Based on years of demonstrable experience; he will not hire someone who has proven they are great if he does not know them first. He will hire someone he knows and can trust, even if that trust is unwarranted.

I worked for a Fortune 500 company in management. I had bosses just like KW in that regard. They simply refused to hire someone they did not know. If fact, I have been retired for 13 years from one company. My boss then, now a CEO for a major firm, called me this spring asking me to do for him what I did 16 years ago in a business reorg. I gave him names of very, very highly qualified folks who were current in the latest and greatest. He only wanted me and used every trick in the book to get me to do this for him. Eventually, he hired someone he knew who he told me he would never work with again for a host of reasons. That person ended up leaning on me for what to do, and I helped him considerably.

Kyle Whittingham is that same kind of boss. With no regard to who actually said it, “insanity is doing the same thing over and over gain and expecting a different result.” Some folks simply can’t help themselves. Despite KW’s unhappiness with the offense, I expect him to do the same thing again and for us to be talking about it like this in two years.

KW, please prove me to be a big stiff dick. Please.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I feel like TT was someone he didn’t know. I think the connection came from Fred Whittingham still or something along those lines.  So I agree with your point but I think he tried at least. 

5 2

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Huh? He’s won 44 games the last 5 seasons, good enough for second or third in the PAC-12. What he is doing is working. 

1 3

Gary Sapp
              Ute Fan
              @uofuman

The usual according to the perennially disappointed fans, lost more than 1 game and not qualified for the CFP for 125 years running.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

The CFP has only been around for 5 years.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Being disappointed in a 3 point performance in the CCG isn’t allowed. Being disappointed or criticism isn’t allowed!

Puget Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @pugetute

The team who held the ball for 40 minutes, crossed the 50 yd line 7 times, got into the Red Zone 1 time, only scored 3 points on Offense, and is going to the Rose Bowl next week has to REALLY be s**tting their pants. 

Go Urban.  Crush the Huskies.

Stone
                Ute Fan
                @stone

Really? Kyle is a failure because he hasn’t reached the CFP in the last five years (since it began)? Wow.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just saw the Troy Taylor news.