Monson is out. So there’s that. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Really? Monson is gone?

highlandute7
        Ute Fan
        @highlandute7

The article on KSL says KSL radio will broadcast select Jazz games. It doesn’t say anything about 1280 going away. Not sure how this affects anyone employed by 1280 but could be wrong as it doesn’t really clarify any of that.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50252925/ksl-radio-to-broadcast-select-utah-jazz-games-under-new-agreement-with-zone-sports-network

juan know well
          Ute Fan
          @juanknowwell

Check Andy B Larsen’s twitter feed.  Austin Horton out as well.  I guess KSL is taking over day to day operations of the station.

I don’t think Monson is a bad guy,  but he was hard to listen to on the radio.  Just wasn’t a very good listen, regardless of what he was talking about.   

15 2

DieHardUtahUtesFan
            Ute Fan
            @diehardutahutesfan

I think Monson is a bad guy.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I don’t use Twitter. Even if I get on there for sports I get inundated with crap I don’t care to see.
            I couldn’t imagine they’d get rid of Hans Olsen, but if Monson is gone, I’m OK with that. Hopefully they’ll put a Utah guy in that time slot. They have USU and BYU guys on that station, but no Utah guys. This could be a good opportunity for them to pull some listeners in.

4 3

DieHardUtahUtesFan
              Ute Fan
              @diehardutahutesfan

Bonneville is a subsidiary of the Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Don’t hold your breath.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Well Scott Mitchell works for KSL radio so I don’t think that’s really going to matter.

Edit: Stevenson Sylvester also works for KSL.

Charlie
                Ute Fan
                @charlie

At one the I read the Trib and avoided the D news. Now I find the D news more objective and ant take the Trib. I think I am still the same guy so that is how things have changed.

highlandute7
            Ute Fan
            @highlandute7

Not on Twitter and get the pay wall for the Trib so I never go there but see the headline. Thanks for clarifying. 

2 1

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

Hadn’t read anything about it yet but wonder if this is also related to LHM group selling off some of their businesses.

As I thought they owned the station.

1 1

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

They did own it and this is related to the LHM sell off.

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

So I’m confused why Monson was fired over this?  I hate Gordon as much as the next guy but why was he immediately fired?  Does it have something to do with him working at the Trib?

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

If I remember correctly Gordo owned a portion of 1280. It might have been part of his buyout to just exit the chair.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc KSL takes over 1280 the zoob