KW’s winning percentage

Viewing 8 reply threads
      2 7

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

I posted yesterday that I would give KW a C+ grade in the area of winning during his tenure at Utah. While I stand by that (and give him credit for his time during the MWC and the Sugar Bowl), ever since we have gotten into the Pac12, his winning % has been anything but great and has frankly been substandard. Specifically, since 2011, he’s only won 60% of his games and ontop of that he’s only won 46% of his conference games. 

I really hope he and his staff put forth a better effort this year and achieve something more than a third rate bowl game. I completely get that Kyle has done amazing things for the program, but the clock is ticking…

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I give your posts a C+. I hope you can step it up. 

got em

4 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Are, are you AAU?

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

So confused. You aren’t serious right?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I see where you’re coming from, but you have to toss out the first 2 years.  Had to build a Pac 12 program.  Hell, maybe even 3 yrs, its a tough ask.  So, okay, winning percentage only. ..i can see C+ Maybe even worse. A coaches grade is deeper than that though.  

The most egregious indictment against Whit is his nightmare situation at offensive coordinate in my opinion.  Want better red zone production? Let your offense fully mature. Cant have mistakes in that area and that can be greatly helped by player familiarity with a system.  Moss running the wrong way against Cal is a perfect example.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yup. Last year was the FIRST time he had a PAC-12 talent level team. Hell, you could argue this year is their first year he’s had a full fledged PAC-12 team. 

What Whitt has done in rebuilding a program is miraculous. There is a reason why we are ranked already. 

Anything less than an A- is just ridiculous.

1 1

utahsportsguy
        Ute Fan
        @utahsportsguy

thanks for the thoughtful response. 

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I would give Whitt an A on Defense and a C on Offense with a B as overall grade.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

If teams like USC are considering you as Head Coach you’re better than c+.  He does a lot with the team he has no offense meant to our players.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

He’s only won 46% of his conference games with what rank of recruiting class compared to the rest of the conference?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Before last year’s #25 class, Utah’s recruiting has been bottom three. 

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football KW’s winning percentage