Utes are up 14 – 9 over #11 Jacksonville

PAC12Teams
      Ute Fan
      @utahbb

UTES 16-10

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Jacksonville opened the game on a 4-0 run early in the 1st-Qtr, but Utah flipped the script by taking a 4-goal advantage into the 4th-Qtr….

….then stretching that advantage to 6-pts via finding the back the net with just 9-sec remaining in the game.

Utah’s dominating 16-10 win over #8 Jacksonville in FL is the biggest win in Salt LAX City history.  JU had upset national powerhouse Duke last month, then proved that it this victory was no fluke by taking down nationally ranked Denver just 8 days ago.  There’s a very good chance Utah finds itself in the Wk-4 Top-20 poll tomorrow.

GO UTES!!!

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Break it down Philly!

why are we getting over the top this year when last year we kept losing these?

coaching and scheme?

Underclassman turning upperclassman?

new talent?

that was a fun afternoon for Ute lax fans!!!

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

All good questions.

Since Utah’s inaugural NCAA season started in 2019, we didn’t have a full roster of scholarship players until now, so we were building our class from scratch — i.e. a handful of transfers and freshman scholarships, and a ton of walk-ons and former “club” players.  Now we still bring in a generous amount of walk-on talent, but our scholarship players have matured, and been improved upon in subsequent recruiting classes.

Former head coach Brian Holman, and his coaching staff did an amazing job at recruiting top talent, and we’re now seeing the benefits. And since many of our top guys are still sophomores and juniors, we can expect even more improvement next season as well.

With Holman’s announced retirement, we now have an entirely new coaching staff.  I don’t know how much of our improvement is due to the returning talent of Holman’s recruits, vs what new head coach McMinn is bringing to the table with his decade of head coaching experience while at RMU.  All I know is that I wasn’t expecting this kind of success until 2023 or 2024.

These are exciting times for lacrosse fans at the University of Utah!

GO UTES!!!

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Thanks for the insight!

Super fun to watch!

Gotta make sure I get to a home game this year!

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

If you’re going to get to a Home game this year, please be advised that there are only 3 left:  Mercer (Sat, Mar. 26th @ 11am MST), Robert Morris (Sat, Apr. 16th @ 1pm MST), and our season finale vs. Detroit Mercy (Sat, Apr. 30th @ 1pm).  All three games are scheduled to be played at Ute Field.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Lacrosse UTES at the 6 minute mark