Las Vegas and Allegiant Stadium, a gift to the Pac-12.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think that it’s amazing that Allegiant Stadium is now the venue for the CCG. It’s just a fantastic new stadium in a town that is made to be easy to get to, and obviously it’s RES South if we’re playing there.

I also think it’s amazing that the Las Vegas bowl has been elevated in status to be our 3rd biggest bowl. Allegiant Stadium is a boon that will pay off for decades.

Kliavkoff is proposing big matchup early season neutral site games there, as is done down in Atlanta, and Dallas. It’s a fantastic idea that will just ultimately raise the profile of the conference. I actually hope Oregon can attract a bigtime coach. Let’s not see a DeBoer hire like UW. The Pac-12 is in ascendancy, and right now we are top dogs. I hope we get a few more matchups in Allegiant soon.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Walking back to my hotel via hacienda bridge (and actually having things to do after the game) was so much better than walking down that sketchy service canal and through a business park outside of Levi

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I wish the Vegas bowl at allegiant stadium would become the number two bowl game for the pac12.

I’m sure just about everyone in the pac12 would prefer that over the Alamo bowl.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

I also would guess that the SEC might try to get the Alamo bowl when UT/OU switch, but it really is better as a PAC12/BIG12 matchup. But maybe make it the #3s to bump up Vegas. The stadium and location is incredible. There’s a strong PAC12/BIG10 partnership and wonder how it will add in ACC as part of the ‘Alliance’. 

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

I could see multiple bowl games in Vegas in the future.  Lots of conferences have their hoops tourneys there since attendance is so much higher than anywhere else ( arenas were largely empty in places like Denver and Salt Lake when the MWC tried moving away from the Thomas/Mack Center) 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Las Vegas and Allegiant Stadium, a gift to the Pac-12.