Message Boards

Viewing 7 reply threads
      4 11

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I can appreciate people posting miscellaneous stuff to show there is activity here. However, Utah fans want quality, not quantity. 

Post your spam on a Jazz site or a Cougarboard site. This site doesn’t need big volume, just good content.

Ute content is what I’m here for. You allow all content that anyone can see, this site will die due to trolls.

I recommend this site only Utah Utes content only. Otherwise, we’ll constantly see 50% random crap.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

While I agree, I’ve tried having this discussion and I got immediately shut down. There used to be more jazz related stuff than anything, now there just isn’t much of anything.

2 4

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I don’t care for a lot of posts. Just the content. The like button is wearing out its welcome. This is no longer a popularity contest, it’s an information source.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You can’t please everybody. Not everyone wants the same experience. Some people want to talk Jazz or other sports like the NFL, some people don’t. Ute Hub can try to be a Holiday Inn Lounge band and please everybody, but someone will complain either way. Some people make more of an effort to complain than they would if they just filtered the categories. Make some Ute posts, and filter out the categories you don’t want to see is about all I can suggest.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

If only there was a way to hide the topics people didn’t want to see. Wait! I think this does exist.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The great thing is, you can filter out any category you don’t wish to see or participate in.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Not for others not signed up on this site. If you’re not logged in, it’s not a lot of Utah Utes content.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I have the “They So Poo Poo” category and maybe the misc category turned off for public. Have to be logged in to see those. So it should mean more Ute content. 

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

I donated a fair amount to your efforts to expand the exposure if the Ute content here. I appreciate what you do, but I would rather wait until someone creates a University of Utah exclusive site before I throw out any more donations. Cheers, pal

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

We’re all Ute fans, at least I think we are. That’s what we all have in common. I think it is ok to have a few other categories for times when there isn’t much going on in the world of Ute sports, which is quite a large chunk of the year.  That way we as community members can still hang out by the water cooler. The filters work, so you can customize your feed for your own wants. Thanks for your input and donation.  Cheers.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

FYI, users of the Ute Hub mobile app can filter categories and ignore users without having to be logged in. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Just sayin, you can solve this issue yourself.
      Categories

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Man, a little disagreement on the McRib and this is where it leads us…

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Is this because you like McRibs?

Kidding aside, I prefer this website largely because the signal to noise ratio is so much better than that one website. Best way to preserve it? Post Utes content!

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I personally like the McRib and I don’t see why anyone who knows how to click a few buttons can argue about seeing content they do not wish to see.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This post is more useless than the other posts. Tony has a built in filter. Filter it out.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Message Boards