My draft predictions for our Ute players

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Lloyd – Definite 1st round pick and possibly a top-ten pick.  A lot of NFL teams need linebackers.

Ford – Ford has one major thing in his favor and that is that he has played all 5 offensive line positions.  The NFL has a limited number of players and guys need to be able to move around.  I suspect he will be picked in the 4th or 5th round.

Bam – Bam is as strong an ox but has limited experience.  I believe some NFL team will take a chance on him.  He may go as early as the 4th round because of his size and strength.  I suspect he will probably go in the 6th or 7th round.

Covey – If you would have asked me 6 months ago – I would have said he won’t get drafted.  However, with 2 TD returns in his last 4 games and a good showing at Pro Day – I think he may get drafted in the 6th or 7th round.

Tafua – I think he may get drafted, but it will probably be in the late rounds.

Sewell – I think Sewell may get drafted because of his coaching here.  Scalley has a good reputation of preparing players for the NFL.  He was overshadowed by Lloyd, but he is a very good player and he has NFL DNA.

I think the rest of the Ute Gang will probably sign free-agent contracts.  These are just my thoughts.  I know I could be way off except for Lloyd.

Good luck to all of them.

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Might come as a shock to a lot of people, but I think Theo Howard will get drafted in the later rounds just because he is a freak athlete with the perfect body for a WR, regardless of the limited balls he caught last season.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Certainly possible.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Not a shock at all to me…..TH’s absolutely somebody who’s capable of it.

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t believe Tafua or Covey will get drafted. Not because of ability but they just haven’t stood out to scouts the way we would have liked. I’m fairly certain they will both get offered FA contracts the day after the draft though and they’ll just have to make the most of their opportunities.

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Covey’s Pro Day was phenomenal & might catapult him up into the 4th rd.

The question was about how fast he really is & his 40 answered that concern.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My draft predictions for our Ute players

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by D T.