New Poll: Did 2020 Utah Football meet your expectations?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Just posted a new poll. Vote in the right hand column of the website, or access the polls via the home page polls icon in the mobile app! Did 2020 Utah Football, with a 3-2 record, meet your expectations? 

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Not sure what to have expected this season , it was more of a scrimmage year .. Was disappointed in the OLine and QB play but overall that last game ; man that was a good way to end the season .. I am excited for our future , the teams overall talent has just gotten better ; just need to work out the kinks

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Ditto. Oline and QB play. Lisk showed the percieved WR silence may be more of a QB issue. Rewatched the WSU and UW game focused on the WRs as much as possible. Many plays the WR are open, QB either missed them or did not have time to get the ball out. Ute Oline needs to improve on pass blocking over the next 9 months. Run blocking was solid most of the time. USC and UW run game was tougher. New Oline players improved by the end of the short season. Next season is going to be FUN to watch. Plan on going to the first home game in the new season. RES is going to be ROCKING!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

This is probably a two part question. The 2020 season has to be a great disappointment in general with no fans, cancellations and short season. With all that a given, your question is probably how did we do like you would ask any year. Problem is what should we have expected in terms of overcoming obstacles that we may not understand and were not uniform across all teams. Judging coaches and players in a one off year is problematic yet from here I can see that the HC at Az is not up to the task. We may appear to have improved over the season but possibly we may not feel that if we played USC and Washington last. Post season games like last year can make you feel like we are not finishing strong, but it might have a lot to do with playing the best competition of the year. As a rebuilding year, my vote was met expectations.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

QB: below expectation

O-line: pass- I think Covid took its toll

RB: FAR FAR FAR exceeded expectation

WR: below expectation, but not their fault.  Thank GOD for Covey

TE: met expectation

DL: slightly below- not enough pressure for my liking

LB: FAR exceeded expectation.  Sewell was great.

DB: exceeded expectation.  They’re coming along great.

P: below- March may have taken over the job from Lennon

PK: exceeded… I don’t think Redding missed, did he?

Transfer portal: SUPER intrigued and VERY hopeful

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I loved watching them play, so my expectation was met.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Imo, defense: exceeded, offense: below expectations, punt: below, place kicking: exceed.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: Did 2020 Utah Football meet your expectations?